• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something Strange About the Bravo Leak

I am not sure if anyone else noticed this but something doesn't sit right with me on the the Bravo leak. They create an amazing spec for this device. An amazing processor, with amazing performance and clearly amazing high-end phone and smart phone features, right? What I dont get is their selling proposition. HD Video? Really? Is that who they think are going to buy this phone? People taking video? Not me!!! I have a HD Video Camera. I would buy this phone to use the processor to use multiple apps, quick downloads and all the other things that would make it a snappy mobile computing platform. NOT A Video Camera. It says that their KEY SELLING POINT and their entire value prop in this presentation is about HD Video. Either, A) it is a fake. or B) HTC Europe is a very different audience than the USA or C) HTC has no idea who they are marketing to. I just dont get it.....

My two cents.

Ruby

Well with taxes and everything making things more expensive they may be more interested in bang for the Euro then we are.
My problem with the leak is that the leaker and a whole bunch of other people (due most likely to how the leaker framed things) act as if the entire HTC catalog was released when in fact it was just what TMobile is getting.

Upvote 0
I am not sure if anyone else noticed this but something doesn't sit right with me on the the Bravo leak. They create an amazing spec for this device. An amazing processor, with amazing performance and clearly amazing high-end phone and smart phone features, right? What I dont get is their selling proposition. HD Video? Really? Is that who they think are going to buy this phone? People taking video? Not me!!! I have a HD Video Camera. I would buy this phone to use the processor to use multiple apps, quick downloads and all the other things that would make it a snappy mobile computing platform. NOT A Video Camera. It says that their KEY SELLING POINT and their entire value prop in this presentation is about HD Video. Either, A) it is a fake. or B) HTC Europe is a very different audience than the USA or C) HTC has no idea who they are marketing to. I just dont get it.....

My two cents.

Ruby

HD video is a key feature for me for sure, especially if it is decent. If it can handle 720HD video well then all the other stuff should be butter.

When you are paying an additional $30/mo/phone to have these phones then they really need to be true converged devices. Guys that say well I know this and that sucks because i bought a phone, not a camera are idiots IMO. Iphone 3GS set the standard for converged devices and HTC/Moto need to exceed the standard. esp if they want to charge us the same data "fee" for having an "advanced" device whose etf is $350.... $350 & approx 900-$1200 or more/yr for 2 years at least and you could buy a damn good Converged HD still & video camera probably 2 or 3 of them..

Upvote 0
Well with taxes and everything making things more expensive they may be more interested in bang for the Euro then we are.
My problem with the leak is that the leaker and a whole bunch of other people (due most likely to how the leaker framed things) act as if the entire HTC catalog was released when in fact it was just what TMobile is getting.

No, it was marketing TO T-Mobile, trying to get T-Mobile to buy these HTC phones. Perhaps this is why they were marketing it for the camera. Are there any phones that shoot HD in T-Mobiles android lineup? I'm not sure, but if there isn't, thats surely a reason. I dont think these ads were targeted at consumer; they were targeted at T-Mobile.

Upvote 0
No, it was marketing TO T-Mobile, trying to get T-Mobile to buy these HTC phones. Perhaps this is why they were marketing it for the camera. Are there any phones that shoot HD in T-Mobiles android lineup? I'm not sure, but if there isn't, thats surely a reason. I dont think these ads were targeted at consumer; they were targeted at T-Mobile.

It was my understanding the catalog that was leaked listed what TMobile had decided it wanted. Basically it was the Tmobile catalog of upcoming HTC phones for Tmobile. Hence no reason to sell Tmobile on anything. Maybe I'm wrong.
But for me video capture ability wont mean much. Nice to have but if there was another phone with same feature set minus 720p capture at $50 less I would go for the cheaper one.

Upvote 0
It was my understanding the catalog that was leaked listed what TMobile had decided it wanted. Basically it was the Tmobile catalog of upcoming HTC phones for Tmobile. Hence no reason to sell Tmobile on anything. Maybe I'm wrong.
But for me video capture ability wont mean much. Nice to have but if there was another phone with same feature set minus 720p capture at $50 less I would go for the cheaper one.

It was my understanding that this was a slide set sent to Tmobile to market to them, nothing is final. As for 720p video, it would be a nice feature to have, especially when something video worthy happens and all i have is a nice android, whose videos have usually sucked til now, in my pocket.

Upvote 0
+1. Will it repleace a real video camera? Not for me, but the convenience of always having a video camera with me will be nice (most parents with small children will agree). You just have to be realistic about your expectations. At Thanksgiving there were three "pocket" 10megapixel cameras, and I had my SLR (same megapixels). Their cameras have small lenses (with poor f-stop ranges) aiming onto tiny CCDs. I have a huge lens letting in tons of light onto a much bigger CCD. The quality difference between the photos is staggering. Even an 8megapixel CCD on a cell phone will not take great pictures, or videos, especially indoors. But at 720p, it should be useable.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones