1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Something strange happening..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by italygrl1, Mar 4, 2010.

1. italygrl1

italygrl1 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Female
    College Student
    New York,US
    I set ringtones for my moment from mablio and when i plug my phone into the charger or take it off the ringtone for my alarm sounds..Why is this? Also when i get a text there is no way to stop the ringtone..I press the side volume button and it does nothing..How do i stop it?

Advertisement

2. helofast

helofast Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    probably there is no way to stop it, ive had android since november, htc and now moment, and the only way is to slide down the notifications tab

3. SmokinPiff

Feb 22, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    whatever ringtone you set as your main notification sound is what will be played when you plug and unplug it from your charger. as far as your ringtone playing after you hit the volume key... I think it's defective, cuz mine mutes all sound the minute I touch the volume key when I get a call or text.

4. italygrl1

italygrl1 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Female
    College Student
    New York,US
    You think my phone is defective?

5. edvan

edvan Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2009
    On The Hudson,NY
    Go into settings - sounds and display - uncheck SD card notifications. That will end the ringtone from going off when you plug/unplug the phone.

6. caspertodd

caspertodd Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Network Engineer
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Mine does the same thing, I don't think your phone is defective. I can mute calls only by pressing the volume down. I can't mute ringtones (unless the notification volume is turned down in settings of course). I always choose a short tone because of this.

7. SmokinPiff

Feb 22, 2010
    Bronx, NY
    I thought you should be able to mute all notifications by pressing the volume keys on your phone? I mean, my phone does it. wether its a text or call, all I do is touch the key once and it mutes.

8. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I don't like using Mabilo because it tracks your location on gps.

9. edp

edp Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    i had a similar problem like this and it happened after i set a song on my sd card as a ringtone. everytime i would plug in anything to the headset jack, the song would start playing and there was no way to stop it except to let it play through. I had to just go and delete the song off my sd card. has anyone else experienced something like this?

10. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Male
    metro detroit
    I just press the volume button on the side 2 stop it from ringing