1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Something using battery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jcruzanski, Dec 20, 2011.

1. jcruzanski

jcruzanski Newbie

Hi,

I'm just a new Android user, and I have a question, couldn't find a related post. I've been trying to extend the battery life of my Epic 4G Touch, It lasts all day 7a.m until midnight or so, with as much as I use it... down to about 20% battery when I plug it in before bed.

My question is... I have pretty much everything turned off, wi-fi, 4G, GPS, the works as far as the setting go... use power saver after 50% battery, auto screen brightness....

I have this widget, the only one... called, Battery Monitor Widget.... it lists some things like usage, temp, available, voltage.... and it has a button for History...

When I click that, it shows a draw of -8mah, every 5 minutes on the button... sometimes more...

Now I close all apps after leaving them through task manager, and even with the phone idle... screen off... there is still this draw...

Is that just the phone.. or have I missed some sort of sync? I have the sync options to off also...

just playing around and had this question I couldn't find an answer to?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

Your missing the fine print of the applicatoin. It works great with HTC and some Motorola devices, however most Samsung devices are not supported.
    I had it on my EVO 4G, Epic 4G, EVO 3D and EPIC Touch and its worked great on the HTC devices but not so great on Samsung. I keep it around because i like the Red LED type of notifier in the status bar. But for accurately meauring current drain or charge its not working on our devices.

3. jcruzanski

jcruzanski Newbie

Is a 1% loss of battery every 30 minutes standard while in 'stand-by' or 'idle' mode?

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews