• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Something very odd happen today

daddyd302

Android Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
West Allis, WI
I just received my Sandisk 16G card today. I was in a bit of a rush, had to get to work, so I had 20 minutes to transfer my stuff over to the new card. I think I might of put the card in improperly. My phone went slow as hell. I couldn't open anything instantly like normal. Reading a email took like 20 seconds to load.

I reset the phone to factory and proceed to download my apps. It was ok with just one app downloading with all bars full. When I downloaded more then one, it slow down big time. It took 5 minutes to download 2 apps and install it. While making a call, it took a few seconds to close out.

I turned off the phone and reseated the card and just like that the phone was normal again. Everything opened up fast. i open my emails and it opened up right away. I downloaded 6 apps and it was done in a few minutes.

I'm not sure if it was the card not being seated right or I just had to reboot, but now the phone is back to normal.

One more thing, while all this was happening, it drained my battery to half until I reseated the card.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones