1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Something went wrong?!? (Droid X)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cloudnueve, Feb 9, 2011.

1. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

Wasn't sure where to post this, but since I rooted it first, I figured I start here. The main issue is reinstalling my factory settings.

Background Info About My Droid X - It has the latest OTA update. It been rooted a few times and unrooted, but overall it be pretty stable and reliable. Today, I decided to "attempt" to install Apex Rom. Unfortunately, I didn't make it that far.

1st - I rooted my Droid X with z4root from the link provided on this site. Everything went great.

2nd - I did a little more reading and download Droid X Bootsrapper. I installed it and click "Bootsrap Recovery" (which was successful) and then "Reboot Recovery" to reboot.

3rd - I waited and waited and waited. All I got was the "M" logo, then the "Red Droid Eye" logo, and then the "DROID" logo. The last two logos then started a continuous loop.

4th - Quite puzzled, I did some more reading and decided to try recovery mode. I removed the battery and reinstalled it, then held the power button and home button...then release the home button and press search button.

5th - While I was in recovery, I hit the update.zip and it said something about E: Signature Verification Failed. Also, there is a message at the bottom that says "E: Can't open /cache/recovery/command

6th - So I decided to wipe the phone clean and the cache, but this still resulted in step 3.

Basically, I would like to get back to factory settings so I can 1) have a functional phone and 2) try this again in the near (or distance) future ;-)

P.S. - Please help!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

In recovery select data wipe/factory reset and ur good to go. gl!

3. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

I wiped it clean/factory reset again and still having the same problem. Do the Can't open recovery at the bottom have anything to do with it?

4. Steven58

You'll need to SBF then. Do you know how or can we help you? Above all, don't worry. We'll get you through. :)

5. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

I downloaded "maderstcok340.zip". Not sure if that's the file I need.

6. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

7. Steven58

no! Hold on, I'll link the info. Don't worry I'll be offline for a bit while I drive home from work, but I'll check in for you. :)

http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ing-custom-rom-theme-how-unbrick-droid-x.html

Letter E is "unBricking" info. All the info and links you need are there. Let me know if you need more help.

8. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

Thanks for the info. I'm working on it now. Have to head to work in an hour, lol.

9. Steven58

Make sure your battery is over 50% when you sbf, or you're toast. (translation= you'll have to take your battery to verizon and have them charge it back up so you can sbf.)

10. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

Dang Bankswood, I could kiss you!!! No homo. Part C works like a charm! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

P.S. - Thanks for the quick replies!

11. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

Ain't love grand? :D

12. Steven58

Yup! :)
    weirdo! :p

13. colchiro

14. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

Wait... I actually helped somebody?

15. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

Lol. Yep. I guess I'm going to give it another shot today.

16. cloudnueve

cloudnueve Member

Update - I gave it another shot and everything went smoothly. Still playing with it.

17. colchiro

Stranger things have happened... :D

18. Bankswood

Bankswood Android Expert

and definitely will happen again.

19. colchiro

I hope so. (You did good.)

Some of us need a break. :D

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews