1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Somethings up!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Hellocupo, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Hellocupo

Hellocupo Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Male
    Ok so i have the LG G Stylo Virgin Mobile, no root Stock Android 6.0.
    I've just recently updated my phone and then BAM, something wrong already. I first noticed that i had Clash of Clans and Clash Royale on my SD Card, becuase i did that in 5.1.1 Lollipop. I had it moved to the sd card, and now the apps arent even installed, probably now becuase the SD is a "Portable Storage" instead of an SD card, btw i already tried formatting the SD card, to try to make it the Internal Storage and nothing. ok the most important thing now is that every 2 seconds a pop-up shows "Unfortunately, The Google Play Store Has Stopped" and again "Unfortunately, The Google Play services Has Stopped". whenever I tap on Google Play store, a split second after it says it again, crashing the app. it doesnt even load, it just crashes. Ive tried everything, Clearing Both Services and Store's cache, data, disabled them, renabled them, taking off my email, putting it back on, rebooting, safe mode-ing, resetting app preferences, resetting app permissions, putting all permissions on all the apps, deleting everything in my internal storage (Not Factory Resetting Though) nothing. Also same goes for the Virgin Mobile "Mobile Installer" too! whenever the popup shows to update an app, it says a split second later "Unfortunately, Mobile Installer Has Stopped" everything else works! A new thing that just happened is that before i was using Apotide to try to fill in without the Google Play Store, and it was working fine, until today, now all the APKs im trying to install say "Parse error" ALL of them, even the ones from my computer to test out. Ive been to Security settings, turned off then on the Unknown Sources, turned off "Verify Apps" EVERYTHING! Nothing seems to work now. Also, before whenever i installed "Clash Royale" as an APK, it would install fine, play fine, but if i were to reboot the phone, the app would "Not Be Installed" although i just installed it. PLEASE HELP! I WILL NOT DO A FACTORY RESET, I WILL NOT ROOT!

Advertisement

2. n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    Male
    Kennesaw
    Well if ya want a half dead non-functioning device, be our guest and don't factory reset...

But to me it sounds like some of the stuff installed on the sd card during LP interfered with the MM update and corrupted everything a lil bit and the only real way clear solution is to backup important things on ya external sd card format it and factory reset the phone, problem should be cleared up and starting a new all over again.

If ya aren't willing to take that option then how do we know if the problem will persist to be there or indeed probably be gone and cleared up.

You've already tried the alternatives and they aren't helping any, but I'd be willing to bet it's something on the sd card it doesn't like it.

Murf1 likes this.
  3. Hellocupo

Hellocupo Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Male
    True, but ive already taken out the SD card, used it like that, then also formatted it 7 times, the SD card wasnt corrupted before, and isnt corrupted now

4. n1nj4Lo

n1nj4Lo Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 8, 2011
    Male
    Kennesaw
    Yeah cause apparently whatever the android system didn't like about the sd card already corrupted everything else, made something major act up and is still there somewhere else causing a near system wide hiccup, that's why I'm saying your best bet is to start over on a completely clean slate, have ya tried uninstalling your most recently installed app's and then seeing if the problem still occurs, maybe it's a play store app that doesn't play well and nicely with MM.

5. jmacie

jmacie Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I have a VM stylo. I did the update from lollipop and it caused a bunch of problems with Google services stopping. I bricked twice and sent it to LG for the 2nd time today. I was messing with the buildprop, but was having the same problem as you with google services. LG gave me a prepaid label to send it to them and hopefully they'll just re-flash me again. But I just wanted to say that yes, MM changed the format and format as internal is false in build prop, and the MM format limits what you can put on the sd card as portable because it's supposed to have adoptable storage too. At least LG is getting a bunch of feedback on google services stopping and disabling adoptable storage. I'd call them if I was you, they were cool to me, no hassle at all

6. Hellocupo

Hellocupo Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Male
    ok, no dice, play store keeps crashing, i believe that im just gonna factory reset

jmacie likes this.
  7. Hellocupo

Hellocupo Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Male
    Any way a reason why installing APKs now say "Parse Error" on every apk i download?

8. Hellocupo

Hellocupo Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Male
    I would have to ADB Install to install apks now

9. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    My guess as to why the apps on SD stopped working after upgrading to Marshmallow is a permissions issue.

Go into Settings > Applications> All > [CoC or any other app having issues] > Permissions

Make sure the permission to access storage is enabled.

NeoZiggy likes this.
  10. Hellocupo

Hellocupo Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Male
    I like what you said, but CoC wasnt even installed after the update, it kinda disappeared when the update finished, probably because those apps were on the SD card, and the sd card is now a portable storage, no longer an expansion. I also put all the permissions to "yes" to all my apps, to see if that would work :/

11. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert
    None

Apr 2, 2015
    Portable and expansion mean the same thing, they both serve the same purpose. That doesn't rule out a permission issue and taking the Marshmallow update with apps on your SD card was a bad idea. As far as everything else and not bring able to sideload apk's, factory reset, you said you already tried deleting everything on your internal storage, that's not much different from a factory reset except a reset might actually fix your problems.

NeoZiggy likes this.
  12. Hellocupo

Hellocupo Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Male
    ok, but there is still no option to move apps to the sd

13. Hellocupo

Hellocupo Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Male
    Now what if Factory Resetting doesnt work?

14. MLSS

MLSS Android Expert
    None

May 20, 2013
    Male
    Director of a non profit
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    It usually works. I always recommend a factory reset after a major upgrade.

daffyducknj and tube517 like this.
  15. jmacie

jmacie Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    usually when you get that parse error the only way to get it to install is to put the apk in google drive then install it from there. I have some ideas why they won't install, but 80% of the time if you upload the apk to google drive then install the apk directly from google drive through your phone without downloading it, itworks

16. Hellocupo

Hellocupo Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Male
    Ive done an ADB Install, that works, so im going to do a factory reset

jmacie likes this.
  17. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Apps from Aptoide are usually OK, I use it, and don't have problems like that. One thing Aptoide is from Portugal(EU) and NOT China! Unlike many app stores, which frequently have pirated apps and games, that often don't work, parse errors or contain malware.

NeoZiggy likes this.
  18. fall0621

fall0621 Lurker
    None

Apr 16, 2016
    Female
    Please tell me you found a solution. It was NOT your sim card. This problem is rampant. I got my phone yesterday and at first wad able to use the google store, shortly thereafter several updates automatically started after the majority of those the error messages about the mobile installer started popping up repeatedly and the play store also won't open and is continually showing error messages. I have tried everything listed beyond rooting and factory reset, which I refuse to do on a brand new phone, I'll return it first. I have downloaded nothing.
    (lg updates

19. jmacie

jmacie Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    If you don't try factory resetting, you are ignoring a possible solution. Every phone company is going to get you to attempt to reset to solve your problem. You can take it back, but software updates sometimes corrupt or fail. A factory reset is going to either solve your problem, or give you reason to return your phone. When you are down the line, past the date you can return your phone, and have to turn to LG to return your phone under warranty, the very first thing they will ask you to do is a factory reset, so do it now or do it later. At least you'll narrow down your problem. I think what you identify as "rampant" is more a product of the Lollipop to MM transition. Lots of glitches and that's why we ALL are here.

NeoZiggy, daffyducknj and Blu8 like this.
Tags: