1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sometimes have to restart to receive texts

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by appleSUX, Oct 17, 2014.

1. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

Hi. I'm having an intermittent issue with my Note 3 on T-mobile service. Most of the time text works just fine but every once in a while I realize that I haven't received a text for a few hours so I restart my phone and upon restart (or within minutes) I get a barrage of texts that had not come through over the course of the last few hours. To my knowledge my outgoing texts actually send perfectly fine, I just don't get incoming. This has started happening more often recently. Sometimes I can go a couple of days and sometimes I have to literally restart several times in a day. I have tried a master reset and it seemed to work well for a few days and then right back to texting issues. Everything else seems to work just fine. Sometimes I'll know to restart because someone will have to message me through facebook or hangouts to ask if I got their messages so I'll restart and they'll all start coming through. At least I eventually get them but this issue is still maddening. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. I have searched and searched with not much help. Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BRAINZ2013

BRAINZ2013 Extreme Android User

Hello APPLESUX welcome to the forums . may I ask are you rooted

3. BRAINZ2013

Sounds like a APN issue but first let's make sure your message app is set up correctly . first lets go to settings and manage apps . in the tab scroll to all apps . now scroll down til you find your message app open and in this order clear data and clear cache . now go back to home screen go to the message app and open it check message app settings Make sure the box ** Auto-retrieve is checked now make sure the box **Roam auto-retrieve is checked . if so go back to home screen send a text to yourself

appleSUX likes this.
  4. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

Thanks for the info! When I cleared data it automatically blacked out the clear cache button so I think it must have done that automatically? In the SMS text settings auto retrieve was checked but the roam auto retrieve was not. I swear that I had made sure that was checked in the past but I'm not 100%. Do you think that's what it could have been?

5. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

...and no I'm not rooted. Sorry, didn't see that message.

6. BRAINZ2013

It maybe if not it is a APN issue did u send a text to yourself

7. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

Yeah, texted myself and it came right through. I've been texting my wife for a while now too with no issues. I guess I'll have to give it some time and see if it happens again. So far so good though. Thanks!

BRAINZ2013 likes this.
  8. BRAINZ2013

No problem here to help

9. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

Ok so it's still doing it. I didn't get a text for about an hour so I restarted and one came through a couple minutes later and I confirmed that it had been sent about 40 minutes before I got it. Anything else I can try next?

10. BRAINZ2013

Can you tell me what is your APN set to and provide the location your in no address just the town or city your near

11. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

APN says fast.t-mobile.com is that what you need?

I'm in Clearwater, FL right now.

12. BRAINZ2013

Yes does this problem happen on you phone when your at home or both home and work

13. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

It's happened both at home and work. I'm also connected to wifi at both places but I've taken wifi off and it still does it so I don't think that's it.

14. BRAINZ2013

What other APN selection you have and are they greyed out .

15. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

As soon as I go into mobile networks and then APN and then select the only one listed it takes me into the edit screen that tells me the APN name, proxy, port, etc and every single thing is grayed out.

16. BRAINZ2013

So only one is on that page . what kind of phone do your wife have and who is the carrier o the APN is greyed out cause your not rooted and didn't hit the edit

17. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

My wife has the LG G3 and we're both on t-mobile.

18. BRAINZ2013

Open her APN look at what the name and what's on hers . should be on both the same way

19. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

Ok sorry it took me a few days before I could check her phone. The differences are that mine says APN name T-Mobile US LTE and hers says T-Mobile LTE but everything else is the same other than that.

20. appleSUX

appleSUX Newbie

bump.....still having issues.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews