• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sometimes having a smart device blows..

Someone asked me today (I work in Mobile at Best Buy) if I knew of any restaurants in the area (San Jose, CA). The person had an iPhone. SHEESH.

TBH I don't think there's anything wrong in asking a local person for a second opinion, especially about something like finding a good restaurant. Sometimes real local knowledge is better than what one might read on the interwebs.

Reactions: jmar and damewolf13
Upvote 0
Some of us don't have that location, restaurant, maps, friends stuff on the phone BY CHOICE.
Even if I could find family with a location service, doesn't mean I can make them answer a phone or text. Since they are all adults ---

I can look up an item to see what components it has, etc. I can check my own weather and baseball scores.

On the other side, though - I can tell you what bird, plant, tree you just saw, or how to find M31 without a data connection.

Upvote 0
TBH I don't think there's anything wrong in asking a local person for a second opinion, especially about something like finding a good restaurant. Sometimes real local knowledge is better than what one might read on the interwebs.
I totally agree. I was mostly "venting" because it was a situation in which we had already discussed smartphone features, etc...

I happily obliged, don't get me wrong. Just wanted to share an experience.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones