• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sometimes I hate the Evo and my brother.

XOS THW

Jun 6, 2010
Chicagoland
Preface: After talking trash for the last few months about how he could now beat me in a race because he had been running 5k's I said lets go punk.

1. Why the hell did my phone freeze right at that part? This is not the first time.
YouTube - ‪Racing my little brother‬‏

2. Note where my son is, you'll see him really quick on the bottom left of the screen in a tan hat sitting down.
Yes i went off on my brother for what he did. And if it's not clear, he pushed me at full speed, crashing into my son. My sister in law turned off the Evo.

He's a sore loser, crap happens a lot.

Yeah, the freezes bother me because its froze like that in very important moments....

Check the spec of your SD card, is it class 2? Also at what resolution did you record your video? 720p? 480p? Class 2 SD card and 720p video does not mix well, especially if your SD card is running low on space. Try recording at lower resolution, maybe 360p, to see if the problem still occurs.

Upvote 0
Mine does that too. When filming a wrestling match my 4 year old niece was in (freaking adorable) It got all skippy throughout the whole match. And whats the point of having a phone that records in 720p if you can't use it without getting video that looks like complete shit? setting it to a lower level is a fix, but a lame one. I'd love to use my phone at its full potential.

Upvote 0
Mine does that too. When filming a wrestling match my 4 year old niece was in (freaking adorable) It got all skippy throughout the whole match. And whats the point of having a phone that records in 720p if you can't use it without getting video that looks like complete shit? setting it to a lower level is a fix, but a lame one. I'd love to use my phone at its full potential.

It could potentially be a SD card issue, if that is the case then it is not an issue with the EVO, but rather the memory card too slow for the write speed. The fix for the SD card is easy, go get a class 6 or even better class 10 sd card, that should fix the write speed issue.

NOTE: the SD upgrade would only work if the video issue is cause by the SD card, if you already have an class 4/6/10 card in the EVO then the problem would be with the EVO itself.

Reactions: XOS THW
Upvote 0
Check the spec of your SD card, is it class 2? Also at what resolution did you record your video? 720p? 480p? Class 2 SD card and 720p video does not mix well, especially if your SD card is running low on space. Try recording at lower resolution, maybe 360p, to see if the problem still occurs.

Correct, its a Class 2. And I was recording at the highest standard of 720p, h.264. 4.44GB available. That would be sucky to have to go down...

Looks like I might want to upgrade my card. Thanks guys

Upvote 0
Preface: After talking trash for the last few months about how he could now beat me in a race because he had been running 5k's I said lets go punk.

2. Note where my son is, you'll see him really quick on the bottom left of the screen in a tan hat sitting down.
Yes i went off on my brother for what he did. And if it's not clear, he pushed me at full speed, crashing into my son. My sister in law turned off the Evo.

Well, did you say "No Pushing?"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones