• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sometimes I think its too many phones...

alnova1

Android Enthusiast
Nov 7, 2009
I love my Droid X coming from a Droid and I had an Incredible but sometimes I wish so many phones would not come out so quickly. I had the original iPhone and loved it and still like the iPhone but the network sucks. Having said that I have loved all my Droids but it seems like I'm tempted by a new phone every month..I'm a phone whore! I think its kinda like computers...so many windows...so few mac. I expect to be called an apple fan boy and I am to a point but I love my android phones. I want android to do great and flourish but am I the only one that thinks we can have too many phones...but i also know that we are dealing with only one service with the iPhone and android everyone else.

P.S....Waiting for Android OS for my computer...:D

I think it's just a phase. Smartphone technology is advancing really quickly right now and, because of social networking like Facebook and Twitter, more and more people are switching from dumbphones and multimedia phones to smartphones.

The manufacturers and carriers see this demand so they want to put out smartphones to fill every possible niche from features to price point to grab the attention of as many potential buyers as they can.

Upvote 0
So many choices means the fledgling operating system has really taken off. Sure, fragmentation is an issue, but if we only had a few phones coming out yearly, to me it would be a sign that the demand isn't that high. It does kinda stink how fast the "lastest and greatest" phone gets left in the dust, but at the same time it's nice that the technology is moving forward quickly too. I think the Android system and market are doing quite well for only being around a year or so. Can't wait til the gaming apps really pick up steam.

Upvote 0
I love my Droid X coming from a Droid and I had an Incredible but sometimes I wish so many phones would not come out so quickly. I had the original iPhone and loved it and still like the iPhone but the network sucks. Having said that I have loved all my Droids but it seems like I'm tempted by a new phone every month.
More choices is always better. Really, most newer devices are such incremental improvements that I don't see the point in jumping at every device announcement. YMMV, of course.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones