1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sometimes my 3G icon just randomly disappears.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Poweranimals, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Android Enthusiast

And then it won't connect. Anyone else ever have this problem? Like right now. I had to switch to Wi-Fi just to post this message.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Gavisann

Gavisann Android Enthusiast

Are you using an app like Juice Defender? How many bars do you have?

3. Jebus Christ

Jebus Christ Well-Known Member

You're just dropping a signal which is dependent upon multiple factors from where you are at to actual problems with cellular towers in the area. I know here in Tallahassee, Sprint has been having service issues for the past few days.

Call and see if you are having problems in your area or if there might be an actual problem with your phone.

4. jjphoto

jjphoto Newbie

We had this happening here for a few days. I checked with 3 other people that have Sprint smartphones and they were all off at the same time, so it wasn't an Epic issue, but rather a problem with the network.

5. SquirtMilk

SquirtMilk Lurker

This happens only when you are not in service. I work in a mall that blocks most of my sprint signal and I am roaming 90% of the time. Every other day the 3g bar will disappear from lack of signal. Its a pain in the rear because I have to turn off my phone and turn it back on. Like the person before me said, its a service problem not an Epic problem... Well I guess it is an epic problem.. haha ha I made a funny.:rolleyes:

6. jimweda

jimweda Well-Known Member

Go to this sprint website and you can see where your towers are and if they have made changes or are making changes soon. Great site and also explains why I have recently noticed faster upload/download speeds and better cell reception in my area.

https://network.sprint.com/

This way you can at least eliminate if the towers might be an issue.

Jim

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews