1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Somewhat off topic: Galaxy Tab 2 7" compared to Triumph

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rubejb, Apr 16, 2012.

1. rubejb

rubejb Android Enthusiast

I have a Motorola Triumph, and even though it does have some issues here and there (GPS being the biggest for me) I love the phone. What I love most about it is it plays all of the classic games I grew up with without many problems: SNES, PS1, N64, SCUMMVM games.

I've been in the market for a low-end tablet for a while and just noticed the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 announcement. The specs aren't overly impressive, but the price is at $250.

I know it's not easy to compare tablet and phone specs, as the screen size and resolution makes a difference in performance, but I was wondering if it should handle games as well if not better than the Triumph.

Here are a couple of links, one with specs and the other with a review:

Samsung - Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with 8GB Memory - Titanium Silver - GT-P3113TSYXAR

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0) review -- Engadget

The review isn't overly positive, but I think it might suit my needs well if it handles emulators like FPse and N64oid as well as the Triumph. The biggest complaint I have with it right now is it uses a proprietary charging port instead of the "standard" micro USB.

Thanks for any info. I really don't know how to compare processors and GPUs on Android devices.

edit:

Forgot to mention, before this was announced I was holding out to see what the Google Tablet would be. One huge downside is that it's rumored to not have a front-facing camera. I'd probably not use it all too much, but it would be nice to have the option to video chat on a tablet.

So I may still hold off until the Google Tablet is officially announced, but I just wanted to get opinions on the Galaxy Tab 2.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews