• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root son messed up my phone need help please!

absolutky

Jul 26, 2012
Hello all, as stated in the title my son messed up my phone now I need some help fixing it.
Phone is a LG connect, rooted and using clockworkmod . My son told me he tried to do a factory reset in the process he also erased the contents of the SD card. When the phone booted up again it went to clockworkmod recovery screen. I have the option to install zip from SD card but due to the erasing I have no zip on the card to install. Where do I go from here? Any help with this would be greatly appericated

You're stuck in a bootloop.
http://db.tt/bLv3rnc7
Download this and flash it in cwm. You'll need to put this on your SD card so you'll need to find an adapter to be able to plug your SD card into your computer.

I was actually thinking of downloading it using another phone. Just wanted to make sure that was all I needed to do.
sorry I forgot to mention I'm still new to rooting. What is "cwm"?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones