• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Song Association Game

"Way Down Yonder in New Orleans" - Freddy Cannon

It was first recorded in 1922, but I played bass for Freddy in a short series of concerts in the late 60s or early 70s, so I'll give him the moment of fame here. I was in the 'pickup' band playing sax, sometimes bass, and sometimes keyboards. The regular bassist played guitar and I played bass for the short tour. Freddy was a little past his peak then, but was easy to work with and we all had good fun on stage.

Upvote 0
"Way Down Yonder in New Orleans" - Freddy Cannon

It was first recorded in 1922, but I played bass for Freddy in a short series of concerts in the late 60s or early 70s, so I'll give him the moment of fame here. I was in the 'pickup' band playing sax, sometimes bass, and sometimes keyboards. The regular bassist played guitar and I played bass for the short tour. Freddy was a little past his peak then, but was easy to work with and we all had good fun on stage.
Question for you Notes, how did Freddy acquire the moniker of Boom Boom? I always wondered and thought perhaps you might know.

City Of New Orleans - Arlo Guthrie

Upvote 0
Question for you Notes, how did Freddy acquire the moniker of Boom Boom? I always wondered and thought perhaps you might know.

City Of New Orleans - Arlo Guthrie

I don't know. I never asked. There was often a prominent bass drum on all 4 beats on his records. I think DIck Clark had something to do with that, as he had a piece of the record company many of the stars, including Freddy recorded on.

on with the game.

"Don't Bring Me Down" - Beatles

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones