1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Songs get deleted after SDcard scanning

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Aidendm, May 11, 2011.

1. Aidendm

Aidendm Lurker
    None

May 11, 2011
    hi, this is weird, i have 10 albums on my 32gb SD on my Samsung MINI 2.2 froyo, but every time i try to put some more through the usb storage option, the pc seems to copy everything as required, but then when i disconnect the usb storage and unplug the usb cable, after the SD scanning on the phone is complete, the songs i`ve just copied have now been deleted, as if there was some kind of memory limit, but i do still have 30GB free..........i tried all sort of things but failed totally....
    any idea
    thanks
    Aiden

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...
    None

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
  3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Glad you signed up! :)

4. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    None

5. Aidendm

Aidendm Lurker
    None

May 11, 2011
    i`ve sold the damn problem, the 32gb micro SDcard was infact a microSH (micro SHIT CARD) it was a fake as it stores up to 2gb of data and the rest once copied fails to work!
    Just found out the seller doesn`t exist any longer.....nice

So, STAY AWAY FROM HONG KONG, OR CHINESE BULLSHIT!!!!

i`ll get my refund from paypal in a few days.

I just gave it a go so from now China is on my blacklist, hope this will be read by many.

thanks

6. JeffF

JeffF Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    sweden
    I bought a new Kingston 8GB class 4 sdcard and copied the contents that I had on my original 2G card (from a backup on my hard disk). Everything seemed fine (all programs instaled on SD seemed to work), but I noticed that my ringtone changed back to a standard one and when I tried to find the one I had been using, it wasn't in the list. But I could see with a file manager (myfiles or fileexpert) that the one I was using before was in the same directory location on the sdcard. So I tried to find it with the music player and saw that it didn't show any of the songs that were on the card (though I could start them playing with a file manger). Gallery only shows the pictures I have taken AFTER changing the sdcard, though there are other picture in the same folder as the new ones.

I thought maybe the original formatting of the card was not right, so I formatted with the telephone. :cool: Had to recopy in all the content again of course. The problem persists! :thinking: What can I try? (I did try a search, but didn't see anything that looked similar, but referrals to other threads are welcome)

I'm guessing that something (a setting or file from the old sdcard) is preventing proper media scanning. But I don't know what to try

7. JeffF

JeffF Lurker
    None

Jul 23, 2011
    sweden
    Not very enlightened (I don't know why, didn't do anything new) but now the ringtones, songs etc are being found on the new SDcard. But if anyone has any tips about how I could have hurried the process up, I'd be glad to hear.