• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Songs won't show up on my music player/google music?

kapesha

Lurker
Jun 29, 2013
Okay so I was using Samsung Kies last night and it did this firmware upgrade that I don't even know about. I was scared when the upgrade was finished because my songs might be gone after that or any other files that I have. Thankfully, nothing disappeared, even my songs. I checked my Samsung Kies and I was wondering why my music file is suddenly empty... I checked my phone and now ALL the songs are gone! Like a second ago it was there?

Since I have my music saved onto my laptop, I just transferred it again, you know the usual stuff I used to do before.. but it won't appear? I transfer my songs by going to My Computer and to the phone drive (there are 2: G and H drive? But G: 's space is too low so I can't put my music there, so I put it on H: ).. I even tried transferring songs using Samsung Kies, it says it's there but when I go to my Music Player/Google Play Music... IT'S STILL NOT THERE D: .

I tried clearing cache/data, changing the folders, syncing google play music from my google account... still nothing?
I actually checked My Files if the songs are there and it is... but idk why it won't appear on this damn Music player ... HELP?

Are you putting the files in a folder named music? Also, look in settings, apps, for media storage. Clear cache and data, restart your phone and see if that helps. You might also try the play store for another music player. Try rebooting with your SD card removed and then reboot again with it back in.

Yes I did. I also cleared cache/data and restarted my phone already several times. I decided to just downgrade to the old version though since I think that seems to be the one causing the problem, and I don't like the version that I upgraded to. Everything seems fine now, but thank you for trying to help! I appreciate it :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones