1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sony blu ray google tv

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by waternut13134, Dec 19, 2011.

1. waternut13134

waternut13134 Member

Hi guys! I'm completely new hear and to the android OS. I just yesterday purchased my google tv and love the thing to death it's amazing and the OS is amazing. I do have one problem,when watching tv I will sometimes get black lines that flash through the screen or the audio will mute out for a half second even worse sometimes the screen will go completely out with a second of static then the video will come back in then the audio about a second later. It's extremely annoying, but this only happens on live tv and seems to be doing it only on HD channels. I have unplugged the cable box and google tv for 30 minutes and the replugged them back in,it did help alot but every now in then it will happen. I looked at forms back in 2010 that said it could have something to do with HDCP handshake? But that was back before android 3.1 came out. Is this normal behavior of do I have a defective unit? I looked up my cable box and saw from other users the box was compatable. If this is completely normal behavior I'm fine with it,I just don't want a defective unit. Any help will be amazing. Thank you so much for your help.

Btw I am running android 3.1 with all the software updated

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download