• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Sony car head unit

Most car head units with USB ports are not intended for charging devices, they are for data only i.e. playing music off a USB stick. These ports usually can't supply enough current to power or charge a phone.
If you want to charge the phone in the car it's best done with a separate charger that plugs into the power port. This is what I do with my S5 in the car and I use Bluetooth streaming for music.

Upvote 0
Most car head units with USB ports are not intended for charging devices, they are for data only i.e. playing music off a USB stick. These ports usually can't supply enough current to power or charge a phone.
If you want to charge the phone in the car it's best done with a separate charger that plugs into the power port. This is what I do with my S5 in the car and I use Bluetooth streaming for music.
this 1 is a QI charger, sorry for so many replys only just figured the quote bit lol..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones