1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sony Ericsson snubbed Google over Nexus One

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by t0ph0id, Feb 23, 2010.

1. t0ph0id

t0ph0id Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 18, 2009
    Bristol, UK

Advertisement

2. Foo (AZ)

Foo (AZ) Member
    None

Jan 19, 2010
    Arizona, USA
    I thought this was a bit misleading. If the offer doesn't fit within the interests of their company then it doesn't. That isn't a snub or much reason for these articles. They simply don't want to be an OEM. Is that newsworthy?

3. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member
    None

I'm so glad they didn't make it. I have had several SE phones and honestly have never got on with them. They seem to make phones now with a camera with as many mega pixels as possible or with some fancy media player that is never really that fancy.

HTC make far better phones IMO. I do agree with Foo though in that if SE don't want to produce a phone for another company than they are well within reason to decline the offer.

4. grainysand

grainysand Android Expert
    None

Feb 4, 2010
    Count me in for being glad that SE didn't make the N1. For one, we still wouldn't see it and it'd probably have been released in April at a stupid price and outdated hardware. Not to mention that prior to the X10--which is still not out, holy hell--SE's had no experience with Android, whereas HTC has always shown that they have a good handle on it.

Far as I'm concerned, SE can crash and burn.

5. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member
    None

+1
    Totally agree.

My friend recently bought the Satio because they have had SE phones in the past and wanted one like an iPhone for a lower price. After paying

6. SnotF

SnotF Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 5, 2010
    Boston Baby!
    SE has been trying to make a comeback for years... they were a flagship back in the day but kind of got run out of town by nokia... honestly i just dont see it happening though... especially when they're putting out stuff like the satio... that thing is hideous

Tags: