1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sony Ericsson X10i Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gelegeta, Feb 4, 2011.

1. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

Hi there,
    Right well not sure what to do
    I have a sony ericsson X10i, it was running 1.6 firmware and ran ok, a few times the touchscreen would stick a bit but nothing bad anyways, however i went throught he process of rooting it which went ok and then updated it to 2.1 from the official seus now it tends to have a mind of its own and switch off and restart, i have task killer on it but this problem occured before i installed it. So i was thinking if i downgrade it back to 1.6 would that help, just the o2 saying it will take two weeks to repair and sony ericsson apart from denying theres a fault like this exsisting there saying it takes quicker, but thing is i need it as it helps me with emails etc while im on the go so even for a few days i cant really not use it so anyone got any suggestions
    thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

have you tried reinstalling the software?
    also i see your on o2, you didnt have to root to get to 2.1.
    try running SEUS and see if you can reinstall using that, fresh installs fix 90% of problems.

3. werthers

werthers Android Enthusiast

I had something similar when I switched from 1.6 to 2.1, it might be one of your apps doing it, you might want to try killing programs and uninstalling ones that cause it. Do you remember which apps you installed when it first started?
    Do you have a home screen that's not the default one? I switched from launcher pro and it fixed it somewhat although it did it again once or twice.
    I finally installed the eminence 2.1 ROM and it has stopped doing it now (I hope)

4. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

hi there
    ive reinstalled it several times and still keeps doing the same thing, as for apps well th eonly app i have running at the moment is task killer, and the home screen is the the one that first loads up after the install, it seems to restart when i do a task like browse internet or take video recording and i think once it done it while it was idle

5. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

how do you change the homescreen on the x10

6. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

are you using any backups from 1.6 when installing 2.1?
    if so this could could an issue.

and changing homescreen you need to install something like 'Go Launcher', 'Launcher Pro', 'ADW Launcher', from the market.

7. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

backups from 1.6 what do you mean sorry

8. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

well you've upgraded from android 1.6 to android 2.1
    did you make any backups from 1.6 and try install them on 2.1?

if not then i dont know, you could try installing a custom rom, most people i know on standard 2.1 seem to suffer from random reboots.

if you install a custom rom this could make your user experience 100x better.

9. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

yeah no i didnt load any backups
    i looked around for custom roms but theres so many im not sure which one i should do
    any suggetions

10. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

depends what firmware your phone is on.
    goto settings > about phone and check the firmware version and baseband version.
    ideally you want to be on baseband 2.0.49 and firmware 2.0.2.A.0.24
    if you are on baseband 2.1.54 then i think all you can install is a theme unless you flash back to an older version

but this is the best 2.1 rom out there
    http://androidforums.com/x10-all-things-root/240418-rom-x10-eminence-xrecovery.html

11. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

well just had it on charge and went to sort some stuff out and got back and now its off..took the battery out for 5 sec put it back on and pressed the power button, there was a small vibrate but nothing, now its not switching on, however it will let me reflash the phone using seus any help, should i use a new firmware instead thanks

12. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

try reflashing and see how it gets on, could be you have a hardware issue which you would have to send the phone back and if thats the case you dont want to be messing around with custom roms

13. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

it does smell slighty weird when i take the batt off
    i was jsut wondering but ive been with o2 on contract for 9 months if i send it off for repair and it turns out to be a hardware fault would they repair it or replace the handset
    thanks

14. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

they will repair if they can, if they cant they will replace the handset.
    i'm on my second X10 from o2.
    my fault was with the charging point.

15. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

how you finding it so far, i do prefer it to the iphone tbh good quality screen and camera is really good just if it wasnt for this annoying problem

16. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

i've had it abour aslong as you and i love it, i'm currently on the latest 2.2 beta4 but i love messing around and trying new things with it.
    i'll most likely be sticking with it until i can get the Arc

17. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

yeah heard thats quite a nice one, o2 wont let me upgrade untill the full 18months and want me to wait 2 weeks for the handset to be sent off and checked out which i thought was a long time

18. KTP

KTP Android Enthusiast

2 weeks is what they always say, what you have to remember with o2 is they dont fix the phones themselves, they send them away to an engineer (usually local) and i think they have a once a week collection, so if you drop your phone in on the monday they might not have it picked up til the friday.
    if you are worried about length of time they take, call them up and ask what day they arrange to have faulty phones picked up and then you can drop it in the day before.
    they also wont give you a free courtesy phone, i was charged

19. gelegeta

gelegeta Newbie

Hey
    Just sent it off with o2 well yesterday anyways, they said mondays the send out date so fingers crossed they repair it or replace it, just gotta use a pink phone till then...not cool especially down the pub

20. dougiexperia

dougiexperia Lurker

hello can anyone help me with my xperia x10 the big one. i was doing my usual browsing through my phone send text messages and my connecting bar droped to nothing now i cant send text mesages i have tryed turning it on and off but no changes. can anyone help me with this?

21. Sam-SonyXperia

Sam-SonyXperia Android Expert

Just so that we can verify if it is the phone that is at fault here, is it possible for you to either try that SIM in another phone or another SIM in that phone and let us know the results?

22. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

If the SIM didn't work it would say SIM not Connected.

So, here is what you wanna do.

Hit Menu button, goto Settings->Wireless->Mobile

Make sure Network Mode is set to WCDMA
    Click under Network Operators, Make sure Search mode is set to Automatic, It should show all the different cell providers in your area. Who does it show, and are you able to select the right one?

If it shows nothing, have you done any android updates or anything crazy on the phone recently? Like removed some software.

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews