• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sony Software Update

Just downloaded it now. Done some camera test shots and it looks like they are *slightly* sharper than before under same conditions - but I'll have to do some pixel-peeping to tell for sure. Also seems to load the camera faster, but I still don't think there is RAW/DNG support if any of you are photo nerds like me.

Can't comment on the battery yet (time will tell) but the fingerprint sensor is much more accurate - I put a case on mine after setting my fingerprints and it went from great to awful as the case changed where I placed my finger. Accuracy went from maybe 98% down to about 30 but I wanted to wait for the update rather than reset my prints, just to see if it improved. It's back up to what it was before, more or less, so I'm very impressed at that.

Waiting for RAW support though, hopefully it'll come in Marshmallow. Seems odd that Sony would field a great camera - albeit not as impressive as I hoped, bearing in mind that they actually manufacture sensors for many top companies - and not add RAW capabilities when their competitors do. The camera is one of the main selling points of the phone!

Anyway, that's my thoughts so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones