1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sony Tablet doesnt find my tethered Prevails WiFi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by VoltronMaximus, Dec 25, 2011.

1. VoltronMaximus

VoltronMaximus Android Enthusiast

I just got a Sony Tablet S (16gb) for Xmas today. I also have a rooted Samsung Galaxy Prevail. I have had no problems tethering the Prevails 3G to a PC or a laptop. But for some reason, the Sony Tablet doesnt even find the tethered connection. I tried typing in the SSID manually and still nothing. The network is open so no password. Please help. Thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. trenchkato

trenchkato Android Enthusiast

3. VoltronMaximus

Thanks for the speedy answer. I just have 2 questions. First, it said version 3.1 beta9, is that ok? Second, I downloaded it to PC, now where exactly do I place the .apk file on my phone? Ive never installed a .apk file like this before. Thanks a million.

4. Lordvincent 90

Lordvincent 90 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓

That version will work fine. And to install place on sd card, locate the file with file explorer, press to open, press install (you have to enable installation of apps from unknown sources- menu>settings>applications> check unknown sources)

5. VoltronMaximus

So anywhere on the SD card is fine then? Coo. Thanks for the help:D

6. Sonylistens

Sonylistens Lurker

Hey,

My name is Mike I work with the Sonylistens team, if you are still having problems with your tablet please call Sony's esupport priority service line: 239-245-6476 for further assistance.

Thanks,

Mike

Samsung Galaxy Prevail Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Prevail release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 2MP camera, GB RAM, MSM7627-3 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews