1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sony Xperia C4 marshmellow

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by IRONHIDE06, Mar 21, 2016.

1. IRONHIDE06

IRONHIDE06 Lurker

Hi guys

I have a Sony Xperia C4

Sony has not released the OTA Marshmellow update as yet.

I want to install Marshmellow on my phone, as I want adoptable storage. This feature will be disabled in Sony's version of the update.

Can I install android M manually. I have read some forums but I have never rooted or done this before.

Some help please. As to steps,programs, Android M rom to download. An so forth.

Thanks Androidians

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Its a big subject!

First you need to find a rooting method for your phone which is known (at least confirmed by many people) to work.

You need to find a custom recovery that can be installed on you device.

You need to find a custom rom which is made FOR YOUR EXACT MODEL of phone which has the features that you want. You cannot just install any android M rom - they are all written for specific hardware. There may well be different versions of the C4 - you must check this before installing anything. (There is no certainty that such a rom exists)

I suggest you start searching in the XDA forums where many developers post their work. Unless there is someone reading here who has rooted and rommed a C4 recently, the amount of research needed is too much to hope for someone to it do for you..

My advice is to research a lot before you do anything, otherwise you will probably mess up your phone.

3. IRONHIDE06

IRONHIDE06 Lurker

Thank you Girolez I will check out XDA