1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sony Xperia C4 marshmellow

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by IRONHIDE06, Mar 21, 2016.

1. IRONHIDE06

IRONHIDE06 Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    Male
    Hi guys

I have a Sony Xperia C4

Sony has not released the OTA Marshmellow update as yet.

I want to install Marshmellow on my phone, as I want adoptable storage. This feature will be disabled in Sony's version of the update.

Can I install android M manually. I have read some forums but I have never rooted or done this before.

Some help please. As to steps,programs, Android M rom to download. An so forth.

Thanks Androidians

Advertisement

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

May 29, 2011
    Male
    Retired
    Les Gets, France
    Hi

Its a big subject!

First you need to find a rooting method for your phone which is known (at least confirmed by many people) to work.

You need to find a custom recovery that can be installed on you device.

You need to find a custom rom which is made FOR YOUR EXACT MODEL of phone which has the features that you want. You cannot just install any android M rom - they are all written for specific hardware. There may well be different versions of the C4 - you must check this before installing anything. (There is no certainty that such a rom exists)

I suggest you start searching in the XDA forums where many developers post their work. Unless there is someone reading here who has rooted and rommed a C4 recently, the amount of research needed is too much to hope for someone to it do for you..

My advice is to research a lot before you do anything, otherwise you will probably mess up your phone.

3. IRONHIDE06

IRONHIDE06 Lurker
    None

Mar 21, 2016
    Male
    Thank you Girolez I will check out XDA