• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sony Xperia Compact Pixel ROM

Hi. I have set up ADB on my Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact by using Home-brew commands on my Mac's Terminal, Installed TWRP and unlocked the boot loader on the phone. I have Android file transfer installed, so I guess I am good to go with installing a custom ROM? (Never done this before). What would be the best source for a Google Pixel look? I have been to the Pixel Experience site and it has the XZ1 Compact listed as 'supported' but when I click on the link it says Pixel 10 has been 'Discontinued' for this phone. It shows Pixel 11 Beta underneath but when I click on that it just says 'No files uploaded. Please check back soon.' Can you suggest a site where I can get the Pixel look (with an OS is ideally updated for this phone)? Secondly, once I have found a ROM I am good to go with, do I need to install Magisk first? (Consfused on whether this needs to be rooted through Magisk or whether the install ROM will be part of the process in rooting)? I have Android File Transfer on my Mac now, so once I have downloaded the custom ROM, which file gets dragged to where on the Android File Transfer folders? Thanks in advance.

Hi. I have set up ADB on my Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact by using Home-brew commands on my Mac's Terminal, Installed TWRP and unlocked the boot loader on the phone. I have Android file transfer installed, so I guess I am good to go with installing a custom ROM? (Never done this before). What would be the best source for a Google Pixel look? I have been to the Pixel Experience site and it has the XZ1 Compact listed as 'supported' but when I click on the link it says Pixel 10 has been 'Discontinued' for this phone. It shows Pixel 11 Beta underneath but when I click on that it just says 'No files uploaded. Please check back soon.' Can you suggest a site where I can get the Pixel look (with an OS is ideally updated for this phone)? Secondly, once I have found a ROM I am good to go with, do I need to install Magisk first? (Consfused on whether this needs to be rooted through Magisk or whether the install ROM will be part of the process in rooting)? I have Android File Transfer on my Mac now, so once I have downloaded the custom ROM, which file gets dragged to where on the Android File Transfer folders? Thanks in advance.
here you go:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...al-stock-based-update-september-2020.4071563/

always head on over to xda for anything root or custom related inquiries.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones