1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sony Xperia SL

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Intro298, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Intro298

Intro298 Lurker

Hello all, I have recently fished out my old Sony Xperia SL from my drawer. I booted it up and found some nice photos on there, I was wondering if there was any way to transfer photos from it to a newer android.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

The simplest way without being technical, if you have a google account, sign in from that device, upload the pictures to your Google drive, and you can have them to be downloaded anywhere you'd like.

ocnbrze, Dannydet and mikedt like this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Or if you have a computer just copy them to that over USB, then you can copy them anywhere else you want.

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

or just use google photos on the old phone and have it sync with your account. you can then either view it on your new phone or have it downloaded to your new phone. its all done wirelessly.

Dannydet likes this.
  5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Reading through the replies to your question, there are several, viable suggestions for you to choose from. Just to add another one, you can transfer those photos as email attachments. Just send them to yourself (most email services allow you to recursively send mail to yourself) or to a secondary email address you use.

puppykickr, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  6. Jonyci

Jonyci Lurker

Hi, can you transfer photos from your old Sony Xperia SL to the computer via USB cable? You can try it as below:
    1: Connect your Sony Xperia SL to the computer via a USB cable.
    2: Slide down from the top of the screen and tap the USB connection, select Media transfer mode (MTP).
    3: On your computer, go to file explorer and click your Sony Xperia device. Find and open the "DCIM" folder that stores your photos.
    4: Drag and drop the photos you want to transfer them from Sony Xperia to computer.
    Hope this will be your help.