1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sony Xperia SP (C5303) BootLoop.

Discussion in 'Android Rooting' started by Goba96, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Goba96

Goba96 Lurker

Hi guys!

I wanted to install a custom rom to my Sony Xperia SP (C5303) phone. I rooted it with KingRoot and wanted to boot into fastboot with the help of Quick Boot (Reboot) apk from the play store.
    I pressed Bootloader button on the app, and since then my phone is in bootloop. If I hold the power button down, nothing happens, not even vibration. I can't remove battery (isn't removable) and can't turn it off. How can I fix this? I didn't even unlocked the bootloader.

Thanks for your answers in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. James L

James L Android Expert

Keep holding power until it shuts off. Hold volume down and power, while holding the buttons plug it in. Then download a FTF for your device and use flashtool to flash it.

scary alien likes this.
  3. Goba96

Goba96 Lurker

My problem is it doesn't shut down. I've tried a lot of method: holding volume up + power. It should vibrate but in my case, it doesn't.

4. Slug

Slug Check six!
    VIP Member

Sony devices tend to differ from most others in that they don't have the usual recovery options. Fastboot Mode is accessed, with the device powered off, by holding Vol_Up and then connecting to PC via the USB cable.

To force a shutdown: remove the back cover, and depress the OFF button with the tip of a pen (or similar). After a few seconds the phone should vibrate and power down.

In addition to the advice above by @James L, Sony's PC Companion software suite will also allow a "repair installation" of the most recent firmware to be done.