1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Sony Xperia T & Duracell USB Charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jaks09, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Jaks09

Jaks09 Lurker

I recently brought a Sony Xperia T from a CEX store, it's my first major Android phone after being an iPhone user. I have reasonably happy with the phone except it's terrible battery drain, it's fine on standby bit if I want to use it to surf the net or make a call it drains quickly before even using it for apps or music etc. The phone charge is not even lasting half a day on normal use - is this normal?

I have a Duracell USB charger that works for nearly all smartphones except my One. If I root my phone will I be able to extend the battery life by turn off and deleting Sony Software? Will rooting also make my Duracell charger work? Or should I just take this phone back and get a Samung Galaxy S2?

Advertisement

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

The Duracell charger's battery has not enough capacity for fully charging a state of the art smartphone, but it should charge your Experia about 30% (e.g. from 20% to 50%). Rooted wouldn't make any difference.

Harry

3. Jaks09

Jaks09 Lurker

Thanks for the reply, I realise that I would get a full charge out of the Duracell charger, it's handy for a emergency charge when needed.

My issue is that the Duracell charger does not work at all, the battery continues to drain when connecting it.

I was wondering if I have purchased a phone with a dodgy battery given the rate it's discharging itsself. I played a app (not a big game) for around 2 mins and the battery dropped 5 percent.

I love this phone and all it's features but I feel that I cannot make use out of them due to the battery issue, I was planning on using the camera and video camera while on holiday and then charging it whenever and wherever I get the chance but I don't think I can use the phone for that as it won't even last 1/2 day if I use those features :(

Any tips any power saving? I use a app killer, I clear recent run apps, I have the brightness on the lowest setting and have not notifications on or location services, I don't have Bluetooth on and neither do I have wifi and cellular data both running at the same time.

What else can I do, I am used to the terrible battery on the iPhone but this Xperia really takes the mick with its poor battery, should it really be this bad?

4. Harry2

The battery seems to be a weakness of the Xperia T phones.

And you'd not use a task killer. The OS launches the apps again and the task killer kills they again and the OS launches they again ... and so on, not a good method to save battery power.

Why the Duracell doesn't charge ... no idea, sorry.
    But you might try a bigger battery pack, I use the ANKER 5600mAh.

Harry

5. Jaks09

Jaks09 Lurker

After doing some research it seems as if my battery issue is common for Xperia T users who have upgraded to jelly bean ( my android version is 4.1.2), is that jelly bean?

That Android version was on the phone when brought it so didn't get a choice, like I said before I brought from an electronics second hand shop, I will taking it back to tomorrow.

6. Harry2

Yes.

7. Jaks09

Jaks09 Lurker

Thanks for confirming it :)