• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sony Xperia U play store problem.

Sarvesh1

Lurker
Oct 30, 2013
Okay let me explain from begining.I rooted my Xperia U 2 months ago after upgrading to ICS,everything was fine.I didn't install any rom or anything I just wanted to run GameCIH.And after a while,I installed Bluestacks on my PC for using Whatsapp(since I was not having my phone)(Will Bluestacks cause any problem over play store?).And when I got my phone back I came to know the play store is not working.It asks me to add an account to start,when I have already one.But then I removed the previous account from phone and then tried to add it back but when I do so it just says "Can't establish a reliable connection".I tried on 3G,on Wifi,on different Wifis but nothing works.And so now I wanted to do a factory reset to try to run Play Store again.So will factory resetting my Phone make play store work again?And shall I do a factory reset on a Rooted android phone?I know there are many threads over here but I need exact answer to my question.And I also read a thread over here for LG Optimus V that one mustn't factory reset a rooted phone.Please reply over all.And sorry for such a long explanation.
Thanks.

Bluestacks shouldn't affect the play store, it just sees Bluestacks as a T-Mobile Samsung GT-N7000. The reason not to factory reset on a rooted phone is that you will most likely lose root (but you can re-root after). I can't advise on the "Can't establish a reliable connection" problem, perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can help with this problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones