• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sony Xperia Z3 - Maybe Pink Damage?

Hi,

So today I noticed there was a little bit of pink on my screen display, its not only there during pictures. Its only truly noticible at an angle or when the screen has a black picture on it. Its not there when the screen is locked so its definetly the display. Any idea how i might have gotten this? I need a fix asap, I do have insurance but its 100$ and i am still on the first month with it...

Thank you:oops:

Hello!
It's your first month with the device or insurance on the device? Is it a brand new device? I would think it would be covered under warranty with no cost to you.
However, if it's a used device and you took out insurance on it, I would first check with the seller for some kind of return policy.
Did you get it wet or drop it at all?

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Hello!
It's your first month with the device or insurance on the device? Is it a brand new device? I would think it would be covered under warranty with no cost to you.
However, if it's a used device and you took out insurance on it, I would first check with the seller for some kind of return policy.
Did you get it wet or drop it at all?

Its been wet tons of times, but i only let it near water when all ports are closed, the phone is water proof / dust proof.... and ya ive dropped it but usually in soft places as i have a case on it. To me it looks like its from pressure of some sort..

Upvote 0
Hmmm, have you had it since new?
Not sure what to suggest as I don't think a factory reset will help.
You say "from some pressure of some sort"....how big is this spot? Like someone pushed too hard on it and it's the size of a fingerprint?
Yup I got it brand new this month, and it looks like the size of a finger print... I know it definetly wasnt from my fingers you think warrenty will cover it?

Upvote 0
Worth a call to your carrier or where you bought it from. Can't guarantee it but sounds to me personally like a defect of some sort. Especially since it's a month old.
Not familiar with the device nor it's "waterproof" ability as you say it is ;)

Edit: if you want, save anything on the device that you need such as pictures etc, and do a factory reset to see if it helps. (factory reset you will lose everything, so backup what you need to;) )

Upvote 0
Our warranty Subject to the conditions of this Limited Warranty, Sony warrants this Product to be free from defects in design, material and workmanship at the time of its original purchase by a consumer. This Limited Warranty will last for a period of one (1) year as from the original date of purchase of the Product

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/common/warranty_phones_US_12_3.pdf

http://support.sonymobile.com/gb/xperiaz3/supportDocumentation/

If that helps :)

Edit: Also, I moved this into your device forum with a permanent redirect so you can find it again.
Perhaps also of interest is the thread in the sticky for the User Manual...just in case ;)
http://androidforums.com/threads/official-sony-xperia-z3-user-manual.896858/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones