1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

soo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Boraichee, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Boraichee

Boraichee Android Enthusiast

whos still around these days?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. B198301

B198301 Member

No one from when there were no roms. Just a handful now, this phone is not gonna be something u wanna work with anymore probably. After Christmas this forum is probably going to be flooded with stupidity and impossible demands

3. twogbsd

twogbsd Android Expert

Well theres me and some other themers, but that's about it :(

4. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

No one really. In terms of the main and more popular devs no one frequents this forum anymore. Most people have moved on to the motion. All that's left are themers and noobs.

5. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Android Enthusiast

I'm still here, but thats not saying much since I only test roms. I also don't have the money to upgrade right now so I am not going anywhere :)

6. jonny wad

jonny wad Well-Known Member

Im sticking around too. I really enjoy this device. Im no dev but i can test and would gladly help in any way to keep this phone evolving.

7. 1234west

1234west Android Enthusiast

I'm Also A Tester. I Would Like To Be A Dev In The Future To Keep This Phone Going.

8. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

i believe you are the last dev on here, everyone else you knew left during your absence. its unfortunate really. i kinda hate that i came up during those last couple of weeks where devs slowly started going away

9. 1234west

1234west Android Enthusiast

Same With Me

10. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

I came in while tons of things were being released and or updated everyday. Those were good times.

11. Boraichee

I just am hopeful that my projects are still wanted lol. I am finally in the place were i have the time and effort to finish some of this stuff. To anyone around awhile ago im still clean!

12. KageBeast

KageBeast Android Expert

Man i've been waiting for some roms from for you the longest and I know i'm not the only one.

13. jonny wad

jonny wad Well-Known Member

your work will always be wanted IMO. My hat is off to you for all you have done.and congats on staying clean!

14. twogbsd

twogbsd Android Expert

This device will not die!!!!!!!

15. SacredBloodlin

SacredBloodlin Android Enthusiast

I agree. I, too, will still look forward to your work. Also, congrats on staying clean. I will admit that I had a small feeling that you may have slipped and thats why you weren't here for a while, lol. Good to see you back, man :)

16. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

you're work is always welcomed here brother. and i was wondering about that recently lol i just didnt want to ask cause i dont want to start probing into someone else's life. Im glad to hear it that you are clean and kicked the habit. its much better that way. btw your I AM TECHNO mix on soundcloud is pretty sexy and im not really into that type of music lol

17. Boraichee

u think i fell off because i got clean lol. that and i moved 3000 miles. i might switch to cricket (anyone got a cricket model?). mind you i was doin dope the whole time i was deving. the change kinda threw me off.

18. DaemeonZane

DaemeonZane Member

Welcome back, Bo. You've been missed. Before i flashed this humble little Admire to Cricket your work was most often my daily driver :p Damned near everyone is gone, and it's been a struggle for those left behind to fill in the gaps.... you wanna do some Cricket work, I'm on the Cricket service.... got a guide up on all the settings, and I'm collaborating with ol' 2Gig to put together an alternative to OA.
    No matter what, though, man, it's good to have ya back, AND clean. Dope of any kind is a struggle, I know. Keep it up, man, one day at a time.

19. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

DaemeonZane likes this.
  20. qandres12

qandres12 Android Expert

you should try to keep the tethering aspect of OA. thats an important part of rom itself.

21. Boraichee

I really would like to get my admire working on cricket. Im still on metro and im living in chicago. I grew up here so ive used cricket and im comfortable wit it. Since coming here ive kept my metro. Big downgrade (lost all of my 3g). How is crickets data plans?

22. The~Skater~187

The~Skater~187 Android Expert

Well 2Gig, I will help out with what I can help you with, but I don't own the Admire so, it's going to make things a bit more difficult. I spoke with my buddy at the MetroPCS store about hooking me up with one, but that turned out to be a no go unless I wanted to buy it brand new and with christmas coming I can't really afford it. But let me know what I can do to help you guys. :thumb: :car:

MH58 and twogbsd like this.
  23. twogbsd

twogbsd Android Expert

Guys, this is Skater from the Prevail forums. I asked him to check the Admire out and bring some new life to the Admire. So lets give him a round of applause! :D :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Tell him what you want, and he'll do his best to make it happen :D

24. b100dboyz

b100dboyz Lurker

Face it the admire's dead cm7 on this phone Epic fail
    cm9 or ics rom never going to happen Jellybean just the same as
    Never but the rest are just Boring Old Over clocked and themes
    The fact is Rooting the admire to hack games is it's only life line

25. twogbsd

twogbsd Android Expert

CM7 isn't a fail. It just has some small bugs that need to (and can) be fixed.

As for CM9, there is hope:

Samsung Admire Forum

The Samsung Admire release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 3MP camera, GB RAM, processor, and 1600mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews