1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Soon as possible or wait?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JayJayW, Oct 13, 2010.

1. JayJayW

JayJayW Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2010
    I enter the last month of my O2 contract in a few weeks - which is when I can order a new phone - and I've decided to get a Desire, but what I'm wondering is, should I order straight away?

Or, bearing in mind that its two newer sisters - the Z and HD - are soon to be released, is it worth waiting a month or two to see if the Desire gets a price cut and therefore more attractive contracts?

Advertisement

2. MDesire2010

MDesire2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2010
    Edmonton, Canada
    Assuming you're going to re-sign the contract and get a signing discount anyways (as most contracts let you pay tiny fraction for re-signing) does it matter really? My Desire cost me $79.99 on a 3 year contract from Telus here in Canada, then it went on sale to $49.99 a month later (Which fortunately allowed me to Price Protect it and get my money back). My point is that $49.99 for this phone is a wicked deal already, any cheaper than that with the Z and HD around the corner would make it a no brainer for me.

Personally I'd wait it out for the 2 new ones. I doubt I'll see them here in Canada for at least another 6-10 months which is why I got the Desire as soon as it was available :) Of course contracts might not be as friendly as in Canada.

3. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Poker
    Strathaven
    I'd wait a wee while and see what the HD does.

4. EddyOS

EddyOS Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Technical Support
    Liverpool, Merseyside
    I'd wait as well, at least until you've had a chance to see the HD in the metal. You might find it too big...

Tags: