• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Soon to be new Nexus S 4G user

Hi all,
Well I'm writing this because I like the fact that the Nexus S 4G is paired with Google and that it's just straight vanilla Android. I'm a little nervous though because it's going to be my first experience with Android ever. Is there anything that I need to know? Can y'all recommend any good apps? Is this going to be a smart move for me? Please help?
Gunner

I just got mine and I really like it. I did go ahead and unlock the bootloader and rooted before accepting any OTA updates, then flashed updated stock ROM. I considered the SGS2 or waiting for the Prime but since this is a true Google phone and it only 5 months old and free I couldn't go wrong. It takes a little getting used to if you are accustomed to a UI like Sense because it is very basic, but you have tons of internal storage and don't have to get rid of a lot of bloat. So far I am really enjoying customizing and no call or reception issues so far. An excellent economical upgrade imho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones