1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Soon to be new Nexus S 4G user

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GWDPhotography, Sep 21, 2011.

1. GWDPhotography

None

Sep 21, 2011
    Hi all,
    Well I'm writing this because I like the fact that the Nexus S 4G is paired with Google and that it's just straight vanilla Android. I'm a little nervous though because it's going to be my first experience with Android ever. Is there anything that I need to know? Can y'all recommend any good apps? Is this going to be a smart move for me? Please help?
    Gunner

Advertisement

2. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 17, 2010
    Amateur Computer Scientist
    Personally I would wait a week and see what Google has in store for the Nexus Prime. Most likely they'll try and get in on every carrier.

3. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2010
    Information Systems Analyst
    Nashville, TN
    I just got mine and I really like it. I did go ahead and unlock the bootloader and rooted before accepting any OTA updates, then flashed updated stock ROM. I considered the SGS2 or waiting for the Prime but since this is a true Google phone and it only 5 months old and free I couldn't go wrong. It takes a little getting used to if you are accustomed to a UI like Sense because it is very basic, but you have tons of internal storage and don't have to get rid of a lot of bloat. So far I am really enjoying customizing and no call or reception issues so far. An excellent economical upgrade imho.

Tags: