• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root sooo lost with the Z4root...

Nope alot of them dont help at all... does any one have a video or something.

one of my gripes with forums. "use the search" reveals 1000's of threads asking, with nobody offering anything more than "go to this thread" and it links to another, then another, then possibly another one asking how to do this.

I'll check out that video though. Probably the best help I've seen so far

Upvote 0
what are you looking to do? Remove the bloatware? overclock?
The more specific of a question you ask the better we can answer it.
Tricking out is pretty vague.

If you are looking for a rom listing, look at OMJs rom/theme thread. Thats going to list em all. IIRC all of em require the droid 2 bootstrapper available on the market. Yes it is a paid app. Im sure theres a QR code to download it somewhere here on the forums but honestly, these people are taking their time a knowledge to make available to us the tools to do this stuff, i see no problem in throwing them the measly few bucks they make off the market sale of the app.

All the roms available, Squidly, Epic and Fission are readily available on XDA for download, however there is a bit of work involved as a factory reset, as well as full cache wipe is pretty much required if you want the rom to run w/o problems.

As far as overclocking/underclocking, I haven't played around with that at all as I dont feel the phone is underperforming at 1ghz. I know alot of people are running at 1.3ghz w/o many major problems.

Theme wise, make sure the theme you are loading up is specifically made for the rom you have on the phone. Most of draya's stuff is all for fission 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 and will not support the 2.3.20 verizon rom that is the current version.

I would make sure you have the SBF file on hand, as well as RSDlite to flash the phone back to factory when you do screw somethin up and cant fix it with a restore from a backup.

Backup Backup Backup every time you change anything major. I would recommend buying root explorer as that app will save you a ton of time. Rom manager is another one that I would download the free version of from the market to help you keep track of backups. I wouldnt bother with the premium. The 2 links in there are either broken or not updated.

Search the hell out of the forums. There is alot of good information here and if you dont look and just keep asking the questions that thousands of people before you have asked, you wont get alot of helpful replies. You'll get an abundance of sarcasm however.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones