• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
My Parents came in town yesterday.
Both Sporting their Brand New Samsung Galaxy S'

WOW....that sucker is slick.

I am due for an upgrade...but SOOO happy with my hero...going to wait...

BUT seriously...WOW :rolleyes:

A friend of mine has the Verizon Samsung Fascinate. It has a really nice screen and seems to be quite smooth in the UI department. ;)

The only thing I do not like is the TouchWiz skin and the fact that Samsung will take forever to update it to even Android 2.2. Oh, and the GPS issues are annoying too. However, rooted, I believe this handset would be quite nice. I just do not want to pay the 4G fee for a Sprint Samsung Epic 4G. :(

Upvote 0

I got my wife the Evo for Christmas, nice:) I have to say it's pretty damn nice. If I didn't have to pay another $10 4G fee for another phone, I may have walked out with one

Upvote 0
I would get a Sprint HTC EVO 4G too if it were not for that 4G fee. My Sprint HTC Hero is eligible for upgrade in early February, but at this point I do not see myself switching to anything else.

The development community for the Sprint HTC Hero is still phenomenal. I would never trade that for a little better performance from say a Sprint LG Optimus S, but with less ROM options.

Upvote 0
I would get a Sprint HTC EVO 4G too if it were not for that 4G fee. My Sprint HTC Hero is eligible for upgrade in early February, but at this point I do not see myself switching to anything else.

The development community for the Sprint HTC Hero is still phenomenal. I would never trade that for a little better performance from say a Sprint LG Optimus S, but with less ROM options.

yea i came real close to upgrading to the epic..but dad said no due to the $10 increase..and i'm 24!! LOL..guess i need to make my own account, but then again he's paying the bill since i'm in college..win/win?? :):thinking::)

Upvote 0
Yes it is, I was @ Costco about 2 months ago and I was doing something on my Hero and the guy beside me saw me playing with my phone and assumed I knew what I was doing, LOL anyways he started asking me some questions about his phone which was a AT&T Galaxy S Android phone and I quickly helped him because it looked like a nice phone, well long story short I didn't want to give it back, LOL :D

Upvote 0
HTC Knight here I come, LOL

Upvote 0
Incase anyone wants to see what it suppose to look like, here is a leaked image, looks like it has a small mouse pad

12-11-10-evoshift4g.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones