• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Sorry For The Problem" Message...

En4cer2k11

Dec 10, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I'd say for about the second half of this whole month I've been getting this annoying message popping up on the bottom of my screen saying "Sorry for the problem. We'll have it fixed and post an update in a couple of hours". It started off like once or twice, but as time has gone by, it has been popping up more and more frequently, whether I'm just waking up or rebooting my phone, playing games or running apps, and also when I go to my home screen. I'm starting to think I might have some kind of malware on my phone, but I'm wondering if anybody else has seen this same message before on their phones?

I'm running an unrooted G2 with 2.3.4 Gingerbread and Go Launcher as my primary with 9 homescreens, tons of Widgets, and over 200 apps. Some of my apps are non-market apps, but the majority of them were already downloaded and installed LONG before this message started showing up. At the moment I can only recall one app within the last month they I've downloaded outside of the market (a game I didn't feel like paying for) that is recent enough to be considered a potential source, but I don't believe that is connected anyhow.

I'm running...Go Launcher as my primary with 9 homescreens, tons of Widgets, and over 200 apps. Some of my apps are non-market apps...
Your problem is one or several of the above. You're running enough stuff to choke a good desktop computer. It's a phone! If you want it to be fast and stable work by the KISS rule!

Go Launcher - I'm not a fan.
9 homescreens - uses memory. Do you really need 9???
Tons of widgets - as above but much worse. Widgets, widgets, widgets...the more you have the more trouble they cause.
Non-market apps - always a risk. Accept the consequences.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones