• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Sorry Guys, i need a little more help..

Tboltfan25

Android Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2011
NJ
I flashed my OTA rom today, flash seems to have gone fine, but I didn't flash the radio first (like an idiot) and now my phone restarts to the setup screen and just says "activating"....but doesn't seem to do anything...how do I get my device into disc drive mode so I can drag the radio file onto the SD and boot up into hboot?

Edit: All taken care of! First ROM and radio FLASHED!!!!

I figured out issue, the only thing I am still slightly confused with is the whole Titanium Backup thing, After my phone started up, I went to the Market to download Titanium again so I could restore all of my apps and data. The Market started downloading ALL of my apps again automatically. So now when I run my restore in Titanium, EVERY SINGLE APP prompts me to hit Install or Cancel instead of just restoring all in one shot...

Can someone please help me with using Titanium Backup because I am very confused as to what it is supposed to be accomplishing.

Upvote 0
As far as the ROM automatically installing your old apps... it really depends on the ROM. Some do, some don't, and I haven't found any rhyme or reason to it. With Titanium, did you purchase the "Pro" version (or whatever it's called) or are you using the free one? I know that to do batch restores you need the paid version, with the free one you have to backup and restore each app individually. At least, I think that's how it is- I broke down and bought the app as soon as I rooted to assist in my crack-flashing behavior. ;) Also, if your apps automatically restore themselves from the Market, they don't always restore the data as well. I've found that with games and such, even if they do automatically restore themselves, I'll still have to go in with Titanium and restore "Data only" for certain apps. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
thats exactly how it works,cmotion. :) i dont think the market stores any data... anything it downloads youll have to manually restore the data.

as far as the market auto downloading... if you dont sign into the market, it shouldnt do it. ive seen folks store .apks of titanium backup paid and pro on their sd card,so that after google sync they can install those .apks and restore apps from titanium witout having to go to the market.

just dont open up market and accept its terms until after your titanium batch is finished :) if you have a lot of games or other apps with data this is prolly worth doing.

so what turned out to be the issue with the data connection?

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, the issue with the data was fixed with one reboot after i flashed, then it was good, woke up this morning, everything seems pretty good so far. I will see how battery life is, and report back tonight...I already want to try flashing a GB rom now...can't decide on which one...I really want GB and Sense 3.0 and something that is going to allow Skype video chat to work, then I will be happy...Will i be able to get all of that out of Das BAMF or is there another ROM that is more stable out at the moment I should try

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones