• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sorry, photos cant open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrup

twodose

Lurker
Nov 12, 2014
Windows 10 only opens first jpeg on android, second time it is corrupt. when the first picture opens it is blurry at first then clears up, any picture after that says "sorry, photos cant open this file because the format is currently unsupported, or the file is corrupted.
this only happens when trying to open the pics from sd card or phone on the s9, you can copy the photos off of the s9 and view them with no errors.
both computers I tried this on do the same thing, one is AMD the other Intel, both formatted with clean install.

I tried that app and I like it, but it doesn't resolve the issue with the phone, I have reformatted sd card, reformatted in a card reader also, reset the s9, tried different cables, 2 different desktops. there are others that are having this issue and no resolution, for me it is easier to just plug the phone in the desktop and drag the pics and edit them, I need this mostly for selling items online. Also on the new AMD computer I just built, when you unplug the s9 there is a warning box that comes up stating "the device has stop responding or is disconnected" < really, no kidding, I just unplugged it, but it comes up with the warning stacked on top of the others like 12 times, in the attachment I unstacked so you can see, weird, I haven't seen something like that since windows ME. It does not do that on the Intel desktop.

Attachments

• Warning.PNG
    Warning.PNG
    57.2 KB · Views: 199
Upvote 0
both computers I tried this on do the same thing, one is AMD the other Intel, both formatted with clean install. < from the original post.
When unpluging the s9 the warning box comes up on both intel and amd computers, just the stacking of the warning only on the amd.
Tried ifranview, same problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones