1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sorry: The application Canvas (process android.process.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Paper956, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Paper956

Paper956 Lurker

When I hold down on the screen to access "Huawei Widgets" I get that error all the time. Does anyone know how to fix it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert

Try clearing everything else off your Canvas before adding anything new. Go to settings, applications, running processes and check to see what you have running on your canvas. Remove things like My Calendar and My weather clock, etc.

IOW...clear your canvas before you try to add anything new.

Then clear your cache (Android cache cleaner from the market will work on non-rooted phones) and reboot.

Then you can start adding widgets 'fresh'. Huawei Widgets should work for you. But if you want a better experience....do what I advised above and then get LauncherPro Plus and use it as your launcher instead. You will feel like you got a new phone. :D

darknessfall20 and Paper956 like this.
  3. Paper956

Paper956 Lurker

I did everything you said, still can't get Huawei and Android Widgets to work. I also did try LauncherPro wasn't a big fan of it.

4. JJ_

JJ_ Newbie

I had this problem before and it turned out to be because I had installed Shazam.
    So I uninstalled Shazam and everything went back to normal.
    Hope this helps.

5. Paper956

Paper956 Lurker

what the... I don't even..... LMAO it works! Thanks a lot :D :eek:

6. JJ_

JJ_ Newbie

hahahahaahhah xD no problem, Im glad It helped!
    So now you should get Soundhound as a Shazam replacement.
    I personally think its wayy better anyways.

tdobynes, r0ckstarr and Jazziette like this.
  7. Hey,Thanks alot I was having this problem and you fixed it you are a big help!

8. stphnskltn

stphnskltn Lurker

:eek::eek::eek: OMG THANK YOU...YOU ARE GOD :) be trying to fix this for months now

JJ_ and Jazziette like this.
  9. Jazziette

Jazziette Android Expert

It's so nice to know we have GOD in our Ascend Forum! :D

JJ_ likes this.
  10. JJ_

JJ_ Newbie

Oh my good sir, I am no god, for I am but a man. A man with dreams and aspirations just as you have dreams and aspirations yourself. For we are all gods through our dreams and our hearts, but we exist to be nothing more than mere human.
    You, sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.
    Good day to you.

darb2984 likes this.
  11. kdot1st

kdot1st Lurker

it worked for me also. Only used Shazam while watching Being Human anyway. Thanks for the information. Now on to search for my other problem.:D

12. septembersrain

septembersrain 句_句 Smurfing Awesome

What other problem would that be?

13. Tammy perry

Tammy perry Lurker

I've never had shazam and it tells me same thing.Btw lovin this site you guys are Funny!! I'll be here a lot

14. Dr.DeathMETAL

Dr.DeathMETAL Lurker

:mad:Fake call me pro also seems to, and I read somewhere else that EasyMoney also does... Basically go through and check any app that can use widgets... then back up and uninstall one by one from newest to oldest and then reinstall everything when you're done. Only apps that use widgets will cause this error.:mad:
    Edit: Sorry, that is, if the error appears when you try to put a new widget. If it just randomly happens then I dunno :'P

15. emeraldspyro

emeraldspyro Newbie

Anyone have any new information about this error? :thinking: I am just starting to have this error and I followed the tips and instructions that you talked about above. :mad: I even went as far as factory resetting my phone and even before I installed all my apps back on, I tried to add a widget and still am receiving that error. :(:( Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!:D

:DThanks:D

16. asma2014

asma2014 Lurker

i have running the applcation of LipiTk and i have the next problem when i run the application on eclipse

"the application LipiTK(process com.canvas) has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again "

and i don't have any Shazam on my pc !!!!!!!!!!

please what can i do to fixe this :( :( :(