• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sorry: The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly.

sixty4

Aug 19, 2010
I am a 2 day old Android user coming from Windows Mobile (since the PPC-6600), I am getting the following message when I receive a txt message using of the out of box messaging application. I am using a brand new Sprint EPIC 4G.

The application Messaging (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

I did some google searching and the best I could find was clearing the cache and program data from the mail applicatoin. It isn't working either, none of the fixes apply.

I also tried installing "Handcent" and it does not appear to be working either. I am not showing any messages in any programs and can only tell I have a txt message if I review the "notifications" from here I can send a response but thats it.

I really am stuck with this? :mad::thinking::mad::thinking:

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones