1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sos! Wet phone please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cohencapture, Mar 29, 2011.

1. cohencapture

cohencapture Newbie
    None

Jan 7, 2011
    i put my phone and my gatorade in the same pocket of my sweatshirt... the cap was not skrewed on however... =O =( and the phone was wet. i did not check to see if it was on... i quickly removed the battery... wiped the phone down. and placed the phone and battery in a plastic bag filled with rice.

then... i cleaned it with a Qtip 3 hours later. and attempted to turn it on =O IN MY STUPIDITY!!
    i should not have done this!!!!
    but i did
    the phone got hot and made a scary noise... =O
    i removed the battery and placed it within a bag sealed with rice and thenburried that in a bucket of rice...
    PLEASE HELP ME! i just got a new droid after the other one malfunctioned and im HORRIFIED that they wont give me a new one...

HELP?! (PS: the water damage indicator is present ;( and i found tthere to be a small amount of condensation in the LENS!
    pps: only about a shot glass worth of gatorade got on it.

Advertisement

2. RJT185

RJT185 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 21, 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA
    All it takes is a couple drops of moisture in the wrong part of the phone for it to short. You best bet is to make sure its 100% dry before trying anything else, but with the note on the snap crackle and pop you hear its more than likely fried. If it did somehow survive and your suspicions of condensation on the inside lens check out i'd be afraid picture quality wont be the same due to the sugars left behind once the moisture evaporates. Wait it out, hope for the best.