• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sound and mic doesn't work

M

Moises Vera

Hi everyone, i need a little help, so back in 2016 i got a samsung galaxy note 3 and it was already rooted when i got it bc i bought it from a friend, everything is was okay, until one day i started messing up with it, so i went online looking on how to boost my sound with headphones and so like i tried to follow a tutorial walking me thru on how to go to some folder within the phone system i don't know what it really was tbh because i clearly don't know anything about it i remember it being within the root folder an archives and like i remember it was this paragraph of numbers and letters and commands and it was extremely long and i had to scroll down all the way down and i had to like delete a certain word or like command and type something else so i did and like i kept following the tutorial and it said i had to restart my phone so i did and ever since then i stopped working, shortly after that i had to get a new phone but i recently went to my parents house getting some stuff and i found it sitting there getting dust and like its fully funcional and i find no answers online about it, also this was like 4 years ago and i don't really remember what i did, can someone help me figure this out? also im trying to update the software because its at 5.0.2 lollipop

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones