• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound disappears when listening to music and a notification arrives.

Hi all, long time lurker on these forums. I searched all over the place before I decided to ask about this:

How can I stop my G1 (v1.5 Cupcake) from muting when I get a notification as music is playing through headphones using the T-Mobile 3.5 Adapter? I have ample memory left, I just bought the adapter yesterday, and I never rooted the phone before. The sound totally mutes, and doesnt come back whenever I get a phone call or a text message or if i continue playing music. (I use the default music player). Any suggestions on how to solve this? Thanks!

I also had the same problem.

Just found the answer. Program called Volume Control by Trystania

chart

Scan this with your bar scanner and it will open to the App from within the Market Place.

Description: All audible volume controls in one place. Automatically switches between settings for difference audio sources.

Upvote 0
Thanks but since then ive rooted and switched to cyanogen 4.02 rom hoping the problem would be solved but to no avail. I downloaded that app you mentioned and each time i got a text while listening to music the sound would disappear and the program would force close when i select it. But it starts up whenever the song isnt interrupted...

Upvote 0
I have the same problem. So at least you're not alone. I read somewhere that rooting the phone and downloading some media player upgrade from an HTC site might solve the problem. But I don't want to go thought the hassle of rooting my phone. And I think a relatively simple thing like listening to music and receiving a phone call when doing that should work ok.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones