1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General sound dropping out

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by smfoley1, Aug 9, 2013.

1. smfoley1

smfoley1 Well-Known Member

May 4, 2010
    I know there was a post about this earlier but I cant find it..

anyway, when Im listening to music on my Razr Hd the sound keeps dropping out. It doesnt matter if I am using ear buds or BT to my stereo. It doesnt matter if Im using my Sirius app or the Music Play app. It doesnt matter if the music is streaming or on device. And no it is not dropping out because of incoming notifications,(texts, emails). I sent my phone back and verizon sent me another one. Same problem so this one is also going to be replaced...how many times will I have to do this before I get a phone that actually works? Im guessing its a hardware issue and it will never be right

Advertisement

2. seVer

seVer Android Expert

May 1, 2010
    Unknown. Previous VZW Tech Support for 7 years.
    no problems here, even with streaming for HOURS across bluetooth or audio cable. likely something else is interfering with it. another app, a random setting, SOMETHING. the fact that you posted this some 5 days ago, and I'm the first response, would tell me it's not the phone.

go to privacy, uncheck automatic restore, uncheck backup my data, and do a factory reset. possibly something was loaded when you signed in to gmail that carried over the problem. if you're using a sd card, remove it for testing.

3. SMWAS

SMWAS Newbie
    None

Mar 24, 2011
  4. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 7, 2012
    Male
    Business Owner
    Minneapolis, MN
    I had this problem about a month ago. I did a simulated battery pull and it hasn't happened since.

5. smfoley1

May 4, 2010
    Power/vol down?

6. PowrDroid

PowrDroid Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 7, 2012
    Male
    Business Owner
    Minneapolis, MN
    That's it. It might take 10 seconds, just keep holding both buttons until it powers down. Then turn it back on.

Let us know if this works for you.

7. smfoley1

May 4, 2010
    still having the sound issue..its super annoying and makes listening to music unenjoyable....With this latest replacement I held off on loading my apps and just pulled up the music player and the issue was there so its not an app causing it, at least not one that I had installed previously

8. Admack

Admack Member
    None

Jan 26, 2012
    Try disabling the built in audio effects (equalizer) in settings>apps>all. I don't remember the name and since I'm on a custom rom I can't look. It's either called music effects or audio effects. Most sound drop issues I've had were because of equalizers or when I screw around with the processor governor.
    If it won't let you disable it, install volume+ and pick your preferred setting. It will take priority over the stock equalizer.

9. eagle7

eagle7 Newbie
    None

Aug 14, 2011
    I listen on my phone all day every day at work. Only thing that helps is to power off/on. But now I am going to test this app called Fast Reboot to see if it has the same affect.

10. smfoley1

May 4, 2010

tried this but it didnt help at all....

11. Admack

Admack Member
    None

Jan 26, 2012
    That sucks bro, I have had 3 razr hd's and none had audio skipping. I listen to it approximately 6 hours a day (podcast addict) so I would have definitely noticed. I root and debloat immediately so I thought maybe something I delete cures the audio skips. Audio effects seemed the most likely. Disable anything you don't need, amazon zappo etc, if you haven't already. Hope the replacement device works for you.