1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sound Issue- CALLER can't hear me, please help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by uchiha611, Jan 20, 2014.

1. uchiha611

uchiha611 Lurker
    None

Jan 20, 2014
    Hi guys,

So here's the problem, When someone calls me, i can hear them, but they can't hear me, they can only hear a faint sound.

BUT when i turn on loudspeaker they can hear me. also it does not matter if i call them or if they call me, same problem, i have tried turning off noise reduction etc, still the same problem.

my phone is not under warrenty and i wont be able to afford a new phone.

android version- 4.1.2

all help is much appreciated. i will reply back to this post regulary

Advertisement

TraciLeigh likes this.
  2. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Nov 30, 2009
    Male
    18th Hole Of the Golf Course
    Either somehow your Mic mouthpiece got damaged, or it has been muted.

The only thing I could think of is to bring it in to the shop and have them check it, other then that you will most likely have to keep using the speaker from or get a BT device.

Have you installed any apps since you have been having this issue, just incase it is an app that has changed your settings, I am not sure if there is a way to turn off the mouth piece speaker, but all I could think of.

You can also try a FR and see if that resolves the issue, but make sure you back up your info if you choose to do so.

3. psionandy

psionandy Android Expert

Dec 5, 2009
    Male
    Gizmonic Institute - mug in a yellow jumpsuit
    liverpool
    Try a headset with a mic... Or Bluetooth to confirm If the built in mic is broken

4. ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX Wasn't Me
    None

May 4, 2010
    Female
    PhiLLy
    Something similar happened to me and I don't know what caused it. People could hear me but I couldn't hear them unless I used my phone with a mic or BT headset. I couldn't even use speakerphone. This went on for months until I factory reset it and that seemed to fix the problem. New owner hasn't complained about it so I'm guessing it's still fixed.

5. RBacio

RBacio Lurker
    None

Jan 16, 2011
    Retired
    North Texas
    My wife's S4 does that every once in a while...weird. Usually a reboot fixes.

6. Griefstruelove

None

Feb 5, 2012
    Female
    I gave my s4 to my son and about a week after switching the numbers he had this same problem. However wifi calls using hangouts would work so I knew not a mic issue. I google and found solution on another forum. Someone says to disable the voice options that allows the phrase "ok google" to wake phone. I long pressed menu button to access "google now" page hitting menu again gives settings option. From there disable voice open for ok google. Calls working normally now. Hope this helps.

7. Jody Porter

Jody Porter Lurker
    None

Apr 11, 2015
    Just wanted to confirm that this worked for me on my Lenovo K920 running google UI not Lenovo UI

TraciLeigh likes this.
  8. Alamotech

Alamotech Lurker
    None

Nov 10, 2015
    I had this issue just a few days ago. I Could hear callers, but they could not hear me. However, switching to speaker phone or using BT headset resolved the issue. The next time it happened I switched off BT on a whim and it started working correctly again. The odd thing is this: my BT headset was off and no other device appeared paired to my phone, glitch?

9. Legendary Morpheus

None

Dec 23, 2015
    I had this same problem (galaxy s4, android 4.4.4). I could hear the caller but they could not hear me. Turning on/off speaker did not help, same for mute. Putting call on hold and the resuming did allow the caller to hear me, but only for that call. I read about disabling "ok Google" but that did not help in my case. I discovered that if I answered a call with voice commands the caller could hear me, but not when I swiped to answer the call. Ultimately I resolved the problem by turning off "Answer calls with voice commands"

10. fearezen

fearezen Lurker
    None

May 29, 2016
    I know this is an old post, but watch out for your pinky and the mic hole next to the usb port.

I tried everything, even factory resets.

Turns out, I sometimes tuck my pinky under the phone and cover the mic port.

It has worked fine ever since I realized this. If someone can't hear me, I instantly realize I am doing it again, and move my pinky.

Poor design, poor placement. Watch those pinky fingers and the mic hole!

11. fearezen

fearezen Lurker
    None

May 29, 2016
    Watch out for your pinky covering the mic hole. Those workarounds are what I resorted to as well until I realized I tend to tuck my pinky under the bottom of the phone and cover the tiny mic next the usb charging port.

12. John Lakis

John Lakis Lurker
    None

Jul 6, 2016
    Male
    Hi everybody,
    Griefstruelove got it right 100%. The problem is with Google Now. I have the Galaxy Express Prime. When I when to settings, applications, google, search & now, voice, "ok google" detection, and disable all the options, the other party can hear me just fine. I also had to disable now cards.

forestPeterson likes this.
  13. forestPeterson

None

Dec 22, 2011
    Thank you.

I have a Samsung J3 with Marshmallow 6.0. Most of the comments online from the past few years relating to caller can't hear me said it was the noise canceling and to turn this off, but in 6.0 you cannot turn off noise canceling. The best suggestion I found was to wait 8 seconds before saying hello (I can watch entire bull rides in the meantime).

I turned off the now cards and OK google and now the problem is solved.

#13 forestPeterson, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    TraciLeigh likes this.