• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound Issue

n0ct3m

Android Enthusiast
Jun 29, 2010
Mississippi
I've been having this sound issue that keeps driving me crazy. At least once a week my phone will go silent (I guess that's one way to put it) on me.

My media volume, notification volume and call volume are all at max, but I get no sound out of my phone when a call or message, etc. starts up on my phone. I know it's not any option I'm accidentially hitting on my phone because I can literally get off of one call where the volume worked fine when my phone rang and two minutes later it's messed up. A simple reboot fixes this issue, but it's annoying having to do that. At first I thought it might be rom specific, but it has happened with just about every rom I can remember using.

Has anyone else run across this happening?

That sounds a lot like the silent audio bug to me.

You mention ROMs, so I assume that you are rooted. Are you at the latest radio version (which you would be if you were updated to the July OTA update before you rooted, or if you manually installed the radio.

Just make sure to check the MD5 of the file before you flash it, if that's what you end up doing.

The latest radio is here: July 2010 Eris Radio - 2.42.01.04.27 - xda-developers

If you already have that radio, maybe you need an older version?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones