• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

jamala00

Android Enthusiast
Aug 9, 2011
I debated putting a post out here because I know there is hardly any users of this forum, but I figured I would give it a try. After only a few months I am now having sounds issues with my phone. 2x this week I have been late to work because my alarm never went off. (Yes, it is set correctly) I have used the Inc, Inc2, and this as my alarm for how many years, so it is set right. I also have noticed 1/2 the time when getting a notification the notification sound, sounds very muffled. I guess I will go into Verizon, but my guess is they will ask me to do a factory reset. I am debating if I should just go right to HTC. It is under warranty, but honestly I don't think I want another one of these phones.

Verizon will always start with a factory reset so you might as well try that. Sometimes pulling the battery with the phone on will fix things that a reboot doesn't fix.

Do you have any other sound issues?

Verizon is sending me a new phone. I tried the factory reset... didn't help. Notification sounds is basically non existant. However if you go into settings and notifications and change the sound, while changing the sounds the volume is normal. Screen is starting to become unresponsive, mobil network is getting flaky... I think this thing is just dying a slow death.

I just tried the battery pull while the phone was on and that worked... But I think I will still send it back... Something is flaky with this thing...

Upvote 0
Give the replacement phone two days before you send back the old phone. Sometimes the replacement phones are worse.

Oh Great... that sounds promising... :( They did say I will receive a certified "like new" replacement... There is only 2 other phones the size of this, the Mot Razor M and the iPhone 5... I was checking them out while I was waiting for the Verizon Rep... But good advice to wait before sending mine back.!! Thanks for the tip... I can deal with trying to figure out some quarks, but not knowing if my alarm is going to go off is not OK...!

Upvote 0
Give the replacement phone two days before you send back the old phone. Sometimes the replacement phones are worse.

That doesn't sound so promising...:( Good advice though... I can deal with some small quarks, but not my alarm not going off! Luckily I have a job that I am able to get to work when I feel like it and do not have to punch a clock. I know the Verizon rep said I will be getting a certified "like new" replacement.
So I guess that means I am getting somebody else's issues that they supposedly fixed right?

Upvote 0
I have generally found the replacement phones to be brand new. There are unique to the ones sold as new, but not used. This is especially true for a recent model.

OK, that that is better news... I was just loading this website on my phone and it just sat and loaded fully then reloaded and reloaded and would not stop until I shot down the browser. Every time I grab my phone it is doing something else funky... Hope my new one gets here soon!!:(

Upvote 0
Man, after I pulled the battery while this phone was on like suggested, I have had ZERO issues with it. I am so tossed on taking and using the new phone when I get it tomorrow... I am thinking I should just keep the one I got...??

Ugg.. what do you thing guys\gals??

That's a hard call and entirely up to you. Phones are little computers and sometimes need a complete reboot to clear it's problems. Sometimes one has to do a factory reset to set things right. One way or another, a reset is often the ticket. It sounds as the reset did fix your nagging problems. That's not to say they won't happen again. And another reset might set things right again... You might have problems with the replacement. You KNOW you will have the hassle of setting it up. Hard call indeed. Good luck to you in whatever direction you go and I'm glad you have what seems two positive avenues to choose from.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Update... Well I kept the new phone because I started to have text message issues as well. My phone would tell me I had a new message, but the message would not show. However, I am having the same issues with this new phone. I did find that it is not the text isn't showing I am finding that the time on my phone every once and awhile is not the correct time. So when the text message comes in, it is sometimes out of order. I did find now that if I turn off the location settings, then my time stays correct and I have no issues with my text messages then.

I am also finding that when I reboot my phone I get the sound issues... (Notification sound is very quiet and muffled)... But if I use the volume rockers and turn my volume all the way down and then back up, it is fine again.

I am also noticing with this new phone now that every once and a while i will not get my Gmail until I use the power button to wake the phone to use it....

I don't know, I know I have seen some of these issues on this forum... Do you think I should just go back to the Verizon store and complain some more and get yet another phone...?? This is frustrating...

Update 12/27: Getting phone replacement #2 sent to me overnight now. If this replacement has issues I will either be demanding the Motorola Razor M or iPhone 5, if I get defective phone #3 I'm done with HTC....

Upvote 0
these do no sound like major issues...

The alarm not going off due to sound issues is a problem with me. It always amazes me what people are willing to just put up with when it comes to quarks with their device. I paid for a working phone and pay over $150 a month to use it. I expect it to work as it should no different then I would expect my automobile to work.

Upvote 0
there's no perfect phones out there...every phone has something that the owner does not like. that's life. there's several things on this device that bother me but i deal. because overall its not a bad phone....and from the sound of things if you were to switch im sure something would be wrong with that device as well.

Well if that is what you choose to do is settle that is your choice. I'm not suggesting you do anything different. I had the HTC Eris (No Issues) HTC Incredible (No Issues), HTC Incredible 2 (No Issues), that is why I bought this phone. So to sit an assume I just find fault with any device I have is a bit presumptuous.

Upvote 0
its simple switch phones and stop complaining....problem solved!!! moving on...

Kind of unfair to jump all over jamala like that, after all, he just asked his questions to see if anyone else has noticed similar problems. It's a great way to guage whether your holding a lemon or if its a wide spread issue. I purchased a bluetooth speakerphone for my van and immediately noticed it had an effect on sound settings on my phone. Weird stuff. Volume issues like jamala had stated. So I took the advice of someone on another forum who suggested resetting both the phone and the speakerphone and start fresh. So far so good. Been about a week now. How's things jamala?

Reactions: jamala00
Upvote 0
Kind of unfair to jump all over jamala like that, after all, he just asked his questions to see if anyone else has noticed similar problems. It's a great way to guage whether your holding a lemon or if its a wide spread issue. I purchased a bluetooth speakerphone for my van and immediately noticed it had an effect on sound settings on my phone. Weird stuff. Volume issues like jamala had stated. So I took the advice of someone on another forum who suggested resetting both the phone and the speakerphone and start fresh. So far so good. Been about a week now. How's things jamala?

Today, thx! some people I just don't think understand what this forum is for. I actually do have Verizon sending me a second replacement. I won't get it till after new years as I am out of town. This one has "a" sound issue as well, but not like my original. So when I get the 2nd replacement I will set it up and keep my fingers crossed. I have tried pulling the battery and factory reset with this one also. I really like this phone and hope I get this worked out...

Upvote 0
Today, thx! some people I just don't think understand what this forum is for. I actually do have Verizon sending me a second replacement. I won't get it till after new years as I am out of town. This one has "a" sound issue as well, but not like my original. So when I get the 2nd replacement I will set it up and keep my fingers crossed. I have tried pulling the battery and factory reset with this one also. I really like this phone and hope I get this worked out...

I sure hope it works out. These phones/computers do so much and are touched, app wise, by so many different influences that it's amazing they just don't explode. The original incredible worked incredibly well. Still does. But the 4G is awesome for this phone so I'm being patient when things get wack.

Oh, I meant to suggest the black silicone case from Verizon. It's the best fit for keeping this phone sleek as possible. Comes off with little effort so you can enjoy its natural feel when in a safe situation. I definitely recommend it. Phone fell out of my sweatshirt pouch at a football game and landed on the concrete. Not a scratch.

Upvote 0
One last quick update. After setting up my 2nd replacement phone, this phone has the exact same issue as the first replacement phone. I think I have just discovered a software issue. Hopefully Verizon and HTC will just address it in some next software update. They told me I could switch to something like the Razor M... I told them them just note my account that I can upgrade if so desired, but as of right now I'll hang onto this Inc 4G...

Upvote 0
Do you think it's an application that's causing the problem? Ice cream sandwich not taking to well with a certain app?

Ya, It's weird... I'm just kind of burnt out of trying to figure it out. It's only on reboot so I'll just have to remember when\if I do a reboot. It's something I can tolerate.... Maybe one day here I'll get a wild hair to sit and figure out exactly what's causing it.

Reactions: bberryhill0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones