1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sound not loud enough

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NCHornet, Jun 27, 2011.

1. madmax2k1

madmax2k1 Newbie

Did you enable pocket mode under phone settings? This setting maxes out the volume when the phone is in your pocket.

Advertisement

2. Ronny71

Ronny71 Well-Known Member

Pocket Mode is only for Ring Volume...
    Hearing Aid HAC will amplify in call volume as well...

3. Ronny71

You gotta remember the Speaker quality sux...Its like havin a 1000 watt amp to push 150w speakers...They are gonna blow...

4. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

All I can tell you is that it works great for me. That combined with the HTC music player hack with Beats audio improves listening through headphones a lot. The reason I posted the link to get to the dev's site is because apparently for the time being the app is not in the Market.

Droidn00b and Wiley_11 like this.
  5. DonB

DonB ♡ Truth, Justice and the American Way !! ♡ ™

Simply would be nice of HTC would acknowledge there is a volume issue and offer a patch to fix the issue. no brainer to me. :eek:

Wiley_11 likes this.
  6. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

True--but at least we have people out there who have the know-how and desire to take these issues on and fix it for the rest of us. I actually think the devs would be very disappointed if all phones worked perfectly. They wouldn't have anything to fix!! ;)

Wiley_11 likes this.
  7. Dooderino

Dooderino Member

There are apps in there that can help alleviate the problem until htc fixes it.

8. DonB

Your not telling us something we haven't discussed here already, the point is this has been an issue since day one, and something should have been done by now, and the best part is that HTC does not acknowledge there is a volume issue.

9. TheFrigz

TheFrigz Member

So, I'm not rooted at all, so Stock ROM, Android 2.3.4..can i use this volume+ app as long as i dont turn it up too high? like between 0 and +8 on the speaker settings? for those who have used this app already, if my issue is mainly music through speakers being too quiet + mostly text notifications being too quiet, what setting would you recommend for max volume on speaker settings?

10. jdsingle

jdsingle Android Expert

Thanks, in the future, would you mind posting the accompanying link to sites. Androidcentral blocks links for non registered users and I have no need to register on another forum.

11. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Android Expert

I've done as much peak and tweaking as I can to mine, and though it HAS made it slightly louder, it's all I'm gonna get out of this.

I mean, really. Out of a 1mm x 6mm SLIT, how are you going to get any MORE out of it? It's about the only thing that annoys me with the 3D.

12. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Android Enthusiast

you think equalizer is better then volume boost?

13. jdsingle

jdsingle Android Expert

Volume+ is working great for me. Can people post what settings they are using?

Low: 39
    Low/Mid: 36
    Mid: 20
    Mid/High: 16
    High: 10
    Volume Level: 6
    Bass Boost: 1
    Echo/Delay Level: 1

14. Kiranvilas

Kiranvilas Lurker

I found the issue when I closely observe the headphone jack port. The headphone pin is not going all the way in and it is not touching the last point. So it is causing various issues including not able to get full volume and other issues mentioned in this post.

I bought Evo 3D a week back. I cant get the full volume out of the headphones. When I connect same head phones to iPhone I get better sound.

I even tried with bose headphones. When I connect them to my HTC Evo 3D I cannot feel the base at all. This sucks as I love music and with out good quality of music there is not point of having smart phone.

This is a major design issue fo EVO 3D. We cant solve this issue with just software upgrades or any music players. I dont know if HTC refunds my money back for this wrong design.

Kiran

15. Androidalltheway

Androidalltheway Android Enthusiast

Use equalizer, it is excellent, much better then volume+ IMHO, I had both, and found Volume+ to have way too many options with the sound, and I had no clue what tose the settings on, equalizer is a hell of a lot easier to use, and it works a lot better, I can hear my phone loud and clear from another room, highly recommend it!

16. DonB

I tried EQ and did not find it be any better, post your settings, I had it set on custom, and had all other settings as high as they can go

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

17. jdsingle

jdsingle Android Expert

I'm with Don on this one. I tried Equalizer and found that Volume+ was significantly better at least for me. I've posted my settings in here if you want to base on those. They work great!

18. Ronny71

I tried Equalizer too...Volume Plus is much better...You can really tell the difference...

19. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

The description for Volume+ says it's most likely not going to work if you're not using CyanogenMod. Is it working for you guys on 3vo?

20. CarrieK

CarrieK Android Expert

Yes. I am on CleanROM 2.7.

21. JunBringer

JunBringer Android Expert

I tried this as well and noticed that the EQ only cuts the frequencies and doesn't boost them, thus not making the volume any higher. Hopefully somebody gets the Beats software and makes an apk out of it :)

22. madmax2k1

madmax2k1 Newbie

Weird, I've been using EQ for a while and it helps a lot; I find myself turning the volume down when I'm in the office since it's too loud with the settings set to high.

23. DonB

Maybe we are too old, LOL :D:p

CarrieK likes this.
  24. DonB

25. SMALBA

SMALBA Android Enthusiast

When I listen to music I have to have the sound 3/4 of the way or higher at the gym. Is there a way to boost sound volume ? Perhaps that I can flash in recovery or an app ?