1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support sound notifications for text and email HELP???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Buckeye Boy, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Cleveland,Ohio
    When i go into both individual settings for text and email it allows me to change the sound notification but it wont save it. :thinking: i can change it and then back out of it and if i go right back into it, it keeps defaulting back. it wont save the sound i am changing it to??????? HELP?:thinking:

Advertisement

2. adamfattah

adamfattah Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I'm in your shoes.. i know it sucks :/ I wish i could have diff notifications for personal email/text/work email.

3. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    construction
    South Jersey
    I have no issues with mine at all you might want to call customer service.

4. Drambuie

Drambuie Active Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Male
    desk jockey
    NFJ-YFF
    Did you change the settings for each individual account?

I just discovered that e-mail notifications for gmail and "other" accounts are set separately. I wanted to turn off email notifications. I went into settings in the main phone settings and chose "silent" which stopped the notifications for my Comcast account but I kept getting the "Droid" sound when I got an email to my gmail account. I opened gmail, hit menu button, choose settings and then chose "silent" and now i don't get any notifications anymore.

This is my first smart phone and I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

Linda Yates likes this.
  5. Buckeye Boy

Buckeye Boy Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Cleveland,Ohio
    :thinking:
    ok...can you walk me through it step by step?
    i am able to set my text sound notifications , but my 2 email accounts i can change.
    i have a work email and a personal email. i go into each seperatly into settings and it allows me to change them, but not to save them. it shows it being changed but then i back out into the homescreen and go back into settings and it keeps defaulting back???? can you help, what am i doing wrong here?

6. svensett

svensett Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    Central Illinois
    Have you installed any apps that have control of sounds? I had an issue with one app that I forgot I installed overriding settings I was trying to change.

7. mfg02

mfg02 New Member

Jul 9, 2010
    I would like to know how to do this also, actually I would love to figure out how to silent all notifications and just have it vibrate. I would love if I could get my text message and email notifications to be vibrate only, and still have my sound on for rings. Any clue on this???