• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sound Profiles and Haptic Feedback

I know this may already be included in one of the 500 battery life posts but I could not find a post dedicated the the haptic settings themselves.

The HTC Incredible has 3 sound profiles; Normal, Silent, and Vibrate. Under normal you can change all the settings. However under Silent, and Vibrate these settings are all greyed out. How do I permanently disable all haptic anything, anytime? (I would prefer to keep the haptic for the dial pad but I would rather not have it at all if I had to choose.)

Are there any good programs that can create custom sound profiles like my WinMo 6 phone could do nativly? Also I still want the phone to vibrate on calls/texts.

HTC cheaped out on a tiny vibrator, its nice that they intended to have it vibrate every time you touch the screen, but I don't want that. I know they had size and power requirements in mind when they picked the vibrator but its not nearly strong enough. I miss calls when mowing or doing other things where I cannot hear the phone. Is there any way to boost its strength, or increase the duration of notifications?

I don't care if it involves rooting the phone, there are a few other things that I want to do that I will have to root to get anyway.

Thanks ahead of time for reading my partial rant. I typed this on my phone and every time the phone vibrated I lost a part of my soul.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones