• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sound quality and loudness through headphone jack

I think that the sound quality is poor. Mostly because drums (bass sounds) sound more like they're popping than thumping. I first noticed it yesterday when I ran Slacker through the car stereo, and thought maybe it was just the song. But I had never noticed this before when listening to Slacker with my Blackberry, nor when using it with my iPod at home.

Today at the gym, I listened to Slacker again, with the same Sennheiser headset that I have been using with my Blackberry, and noticed that popping sound, and also noticed it when using the FM radio on the Incredible. I am thinking this must be an Android issue and it can be fixed via software.

Also, is there an equalizer or any other kind of audio enhancement built in? I couldn't find anything.

Just an FYI.. There is an audio issue with all Android phones. Slacker has this issue and Pandora has it somewhat too.. I'm tempted to return my Incredible because of this. I use streaming services 95% of the time at work. Never had this issue with Crackberry like you said. I've tried the Moto Droid (on 2.0 software) and Incredibe, both have this issue.

Will Froyo 2.2 fix? When will HTC get that software out to folks? WHO KNOWS!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones